ii

Kasia glances at the bandage on her forearm before bending down and reaching across to the passenger seat to grab her purse and letting it hang off her shoulder, she shut the door before taking a second to glance at the parking lot

Kasia glances at the bandage on her forearm before bending down and reaching across to the passenger seat to grab her purse and letting it hang off her shoulder, she shut the door before taking a second to glance at the parking lot. She only saw Hameed's car which she could avoid while she grabs antibiotic cream but she couldn't avoid her Dad's prying very well especially since he was becoming concerned at how many times Kasia would hurt herself since he got attacked.

Kasia gulped as she opened the door to the clinic slowly, she grabbed the bell with her hand that was holding her purse so it wouldn't alert Hameed that she was here before she could get to the back. Satisfied that she would be quiet she opened the door wider and stepped through, she walked towards the reception desk before gently placing her purse in the chair before walking towards the stocking room.

Taking a deep breath she carefully turned the knob before pushing it open, if she was right which she usually was her brother would be getting all the exam rooms ready right about now. Kasia winced as she peeled the wrapping off of her wound before balling it up and throwing it in the trash, she grabbed some distilled water along with a bandage wrap and the antibiotic cream before walking towards the counters they had in the room.

Kasia had to do this quickly, she gently wiped down the spot with the distilled water before rubbing some cream onto it. She sighed as she still saw the mark, it was pink but it still looked like it did the first time it showed up. She shook her head as she wrapped it tightly but not tight enough to cut off blood flow, she could feel it was starting to itch which was a good sign because it meant it was already healing and somehow she felt like that had to do with the mark.

She jumped when she heard a door slam, she looked down at the mess she made before quickly putting it back. She breathed a sigh of relief as she walked out of the stock room, she almost jumped when she almost ran into Hameed. "Jesus, when did get in? I didn't hear you." Hameed says putting a hand on his heart before opening the stock room and he started to put some things into his scrubs, along with their father Hameed had a medical degree but it was in dentistry but since the accident, Hameed has officially started to work with their Dad in an official capacity not just being the one who takes the vitals but he also has his own office where he can be a dentist as well.

"Just quiet, like a mouse." Kasia chuckles dryly, she stands next to the door and hides her arm behind her other one crossing them. "You sleep okay? No nightmares right?" That's another thing that's been happening to Kasia since the accident, she's been having very vivid nightmares, not just about the attack but also about rocks breaking. She can't figure out why because in all of her 35 years of living has she ever been in an earthquake or anything where the ground shifts. "Yea, no nightmares last night." Kasia lied easily, she hasn't had a restful sleep since, and she's given up on telling her family or roommates because they only look at her with sympathy and she's over the sympathy looks.

Hameed nods satisfied with her lies before walking past her back into the hallway before walking into an exam room with the stuff in his pockets. "Is Dad on his way?" Kasia asks watching Hameed put things on the counters. Hameed nods without looking at Kasia. "Yea, he woke up just as I was leaving so he should be here shortly." Kasia nodded her thanks before walking away and moving her purse out of her seat shoving it under the desk out of sight.

Kasia turns on the computer and logs in before bringing her injured arm up to rest on the desk, sighing she looks at the clock longingly. She just got here and she wishes the day was already over, she closes her eyes before opening them again and rubbing them trying to rub away the sleepiness. If Hameed saw her yawning and acting tired right after she said she had no nightmares he would for sure know something is up. She watched in as the clock ticked by, now and then whenever some staff member would come in Kasia would plaster on a fake smile and wave but besides that, she stayed silent.

"Hey Dad, you scared me. Thought you were hurt or something." Kasia chuckled trying to keep the worry out of her voice as she watched Naveen walk into the clinic. "I'm fine darling, just couldn't find my scrubs," Naveen says walking towards Kasia and taking a look at his daughter. "Are you doing okay? Getting enough sleep" He asks face full of concern as he gently rubs his finger under Kasia's eyes where she knows the bags are forming. "I'm fine, no nightmares," Kasia says brushing his hands away quickly, she had to bite her lip to stop from croaking when her healing arm brushed against the table corner as she turned.

Naveen didn't seem convinced but he nodded and walked down the hallway towards his office, Kasia let out a sigh of relief before letting herself relax against the chair. Her eyebrows shot up when the phone started ringing, she glanced at the clock to see that it was 9 o'clock, they just opened. "Hello, Jasani Family Clinic, how may I help you?" Kasia says in a fake cheery voice.

"Hi, is Kasia Jasani there today?" Kasia furrowed her brows before answering the woman. "You are speaking to her, may I ask what this is about?" The woman ignored her like she hadn't said anything before saying what she was going to say. "Your hours are Monday through Thursday 9 to 5 right?" The woman asks, Kasia opens her mouth shocked before licking her lips. "Yes, can I ask what-" Kasia didn't get to finish what she was going to say because the woman ended the call.

Kasia brought the phone away from her ear looking at it confused before putting it back down, Kasia felt strange she hasn't worked here long so why would someone be asking about her specifically? It made her feel afraid, she didn't want to go through the last 6 months over again.