xii

Kasia shivered slightly as they walked further into the temple, she wrapped her arms around herself while she looked at the murals on the walls along with the group

Kasia shivered slightly as they walked further into the temple, she wrapped her arms around herself while she looked at the murals on the walls along with the group. "I knew it, it's all real," Sonya said with shock in her voice, Kasia pressed her lips together and walked a little quicker so she can be next to Sonya, she doesn't know what happened but ever since the fire she's felt this draw to Sonya even though she tries to resist it considering the woman practically kidnapped her. Sonya looked at her with a kind smile. "These murals are the living history of Mortal Kombat," Sonya comments looking at one. Behind them Kano chuckles so Kasia turns around to see what is so funny and notices he's looking at a gruesome one with a character that has many arms coming out his side. "Now, this one really speaks to me."

Sonya walks over to a mural near where Liu Kang is so Kasia follows her. "This is outworld." Sonya looks at Kasia amazed who plasters a fake smile on her face for Sonya because she has no idea what Outworld is. "Yes, the most brutal and murderous of all the realms. Our greatest enemy." Liu Kang steps back and gestures for the group to follow him which they do, or at least Kasia does. "We must start training now before our mortal enemies in Outworld come for us, the fate of Earthrealm is in our hands. There are not many of us with the marking left, so you must train harder and faster." Liu Kang says, while he was talking Kasia noticed he grabbed something and wrapped it in his hand.

"If you fail to discover your inner power, you will never defeat your opponent. They will ravage everything you hold dear, there will be no mercy." Liu Kang looks at Sonya before walking around and looking at each one of the group and when Liu Kang landed on Kasia she wanted to squirm, it was like he could sense her true intentions and Kasia didn't like that. "You must fight without question, the dragon has swallowed many before us." Liu Kang landed in front of Kano looking at him accusingly. "Now, put that back." Liu Kang says to Kano without skipping a beat.

Kasia's eyebrows raise before she slaps Kano on the arm making him wince. "Seriously, hold yourself back asshole." Kasia looked at Kano ashamed, he turned his nose up before looking back at Liu Kang. "I don't know what you are talking about," Kano said, Kasia knows he's lying she can see it in his body language.

Liu Kang tilted his head to the side, Kasia was about to say something when a bell rang in the distance. Kasia turned to see Sonya start to walk off so after she looked around she decided to follow her to see where she was going. "Where are you going?" Kasia says to Sonya making her jump and spin around to see Kasia following her. "Jesus, you scared the shit out of me. I'm going to see where that sound was coming from, why are you following me instead of getting ready to train?" Sonya questions as she turns back around and starts walking down the hallway, Kasia walks a little bit faster so she can walk next to Sonya the blonde woman can hear her easier. 

"I'm hoping that I would run into someone higher up that can get rid of my mark, or at least help me get rid of it. I don't even need to train anyway, I didn't come here to fight in the tournament, I came here to get this fucking thing off." Kasia groans pulling at her skin getting angry at the mark. "Hey, it's okay." Sonya suddenly stopped and turned to face Kasia. "You want the mark off, we will figure out a way to do it. Now come on I see a different area up ahead." Sonya dropped Kasia's hand that she grabbed while she was talking, when Sonya dropped her hand Kasia felt sad again which she didn't know that Sonya could make her feel that.

"Holy shit." Kasia heard Sonya whisper before running towards the man that was laying on the table against the wall. "Jax! Hey! Jax?" Sonya's eyes looked down and she saw his scarred arms and gasped. "Oh, god.." Kasia winced in sympathy before looking up, that's when she noticed Liu Kang walk into the room along with Cole following him. "It has been my charge to gather all the champions of Earth. By the time I found Jax I was too late." Liu Kang put his hand on his face frowning slightly.

"Well, is he gonna live?" Sonya gulped reaching her hand out for Kasia to take which she did without a second thought, Kasia didn't even think Sonya knew that she was doing it but she welcomed the touch. "The ice, it cauterized his wounds. We have sourced every realm to find a way to heal him."

Sonya stood up straight but kept her grasp on Kasia. "What can I do?" Liu Kang's eyes flickered between Kasia and Sonya before speaking. "Be patient." Liu Kang looked to his left and said something in a language that Kasia can't speak before walking over to Kasia and Sonya. "Give them time to do their work." Sonya's hand tightened against Kasia's when she saw what they were going to do, she was scared. "We must go, he awaits."

Sonya nods before looking down and noticing their clasped hands. "I'm sorry," Sonya said to Kasia blushing, Kasia's face heated up as she tried to come up with a cool reply but she decided to say fuck it and say the truth. "It's okay, I liked it."

"