Shade 13-MAUVE

The next day, when Meera saw Krish at school, she greeted him with a hello which he casually ignored. "Krish, are you trying to avoid me?" Meera asked. Krish gave no response again. "Krish, I am talking to you. Why are you acting this way?" she enquired again. This time Krish flinched, this time he replied in a clearly agitated tone "You are annoying. Can't you see that I am not interested in talking to you? So just shut your goddamn annoying mouth and let me study." 

Meera was taken aback by shock. Just yesterday, he was being flirtatious but today he was behaving like a completely new person. "What happened?" Meera asked, her voice was hoarse. 

"Look! I don't know about you but I am Krish Walia, the only heir to Walia Group. My father wants me to become an engineer and further flourish his brand. I cannot waste my potential for a stupid girl like you anymore. I have all of my life ahead of me, IIT, family business and what not? You are just a nerd, who doesn't even care. There is no comparison between you and me. I can easily be with someone a thousand times better than you so screw off."

Krish yelled loud enough for all the students to hear. 

The class was murmuring, some whispered whereas other students gossiped in a normal tone. Laughter could be heard from back benches as well. Tears rolled down on Meera's cheeks. Her shiny eyes made contact with Krish's piercing ones. Meera didn't hold back, this time she matched his tone and said "Wow! I never thought I would ever hear such words from you. They say that the first impression is the last impression. The first you saw me, you thought I was a basic ugly nerd who doesn't have a life and you were right. But the first time I saw you, I thought you were an arrogant, egoistic jerk and l was right too. 

You think you are a genius, right? Mark my words Mr. Krish Walia, I Meera Mathur swear to god, that this year in all the three exams boards, mains and advance, I would score better than you. Let's see if you become a more successful engineer or if I become a more successful astrophysicist. Fine, keep your bracelet with you." She kept that bracelet on his desk.

Several weeks passed after that school drama. The distance between them both kept on widening. They stopped speaking to each other and got more and more engrossed in their studies.Time passed and so did all the exams, JEE Mains in January, Board examination in March and JEE Advance in June. Time really does fly by. And as the season changes, it changes a lot of things along with it.
_________________________________________
AUTHORS' NOTE
PLEASE DROP A REVIEW AND CHECKOUT THE PAPERBACK. IF YOU CAN'T BUY A COPY, ATLEAST DROP A REVIEW THERE.
THANKYOU