𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 | What We Fight For

📖

(Y/N) returns home from school, luckily she manages to reach school on time before lunch period ended and nobody suspected a thing, she bids Luka farewell as they both go their separate ways to their homes, and (Y/N) was expecting Ethan to hang out longer with her friends, but none held it against her.

"Aunt Amélie? Ethan?" She calls out as she closes the door behind her, dropping her bag in the living room, just as Ethan enters from the kitchen, "Oh, hey there. Aunt Amélie's working late so I took over the babysitter, I just put baby Peri down for a nap." He sighs with a grin, "She reminds me so much of you when you were that small." He nudged (Y/N) as she chuckled, before focusing back on the matter at hand.

Clearing her throat, (Y/N) points upstairs, "Should we take this talk elsewhere?" Ethan nods, "Sure, Hibii seems about done with being chased by your cat there." He nods towards the kitchen where the Owl kwami is glaring from the top of the fridge at the expecting Chase at the foot, staring at the kwami with gold eyes unblinking.

(Y/N) muffled her laughter as the kwami flew towards them, with Chase following after, but stops when (Y/N) caught the cat's attention with a toy in her hand she had grabbed from the floor, and Chase began pouncing on that one instead, "Vile furry fiend." Hibii mutters as he hid in Ethan's shirt pocket, Ethan laughs at his kwami before the two siblings started heading upstairs, making small talk along the way.

"How's everyone doing? I know it's been barely a month since I left, but I miss everyone already."

"Doing well, though Max, Vasili, and Pyotr wanted to come with me to visit too, they're pretty tight on schedule with school and practice to join."

"I know the feeling, I should give them a call during the weekend, maybe set up a date for them to come here."

Ethan smiles as (Y/N) starts to excitedly spout ideas on what she would like for them to do during the weekend, but then she paused as she glanced at him, "So will you be staying here too?"

He shook his head, "Maybe, I'm thinking of getting my own place or just rent out a hotel, but for now, Aunt Amélie said I could stay and work at the bookstore for her."

(Y/N) opens the door to her room and lets Ethan step inside first, before shutting the door behind them. She proceeded to go up the ladder, that was when (Y/N) finally noticed the satchel he has been carrying on him, but shrugged it off before they finally reached the top.

"Okay, now that we're here, what now?" (Y/N) curiously turns to her brother after looking around, "I think it's time I give you this." And he pulled out a small box and handing it to her, (Y/N) curiously opens it up and blinks in confusion, "... Please tell me they're glowing naturally." The box contained glass vials of glowing liquids, colors ranging from red to purple, and there are at least two vials of the same color.

"These, little sister, are potions. Think of them as power-ups for Soarra to use when the situation would call for them." He points out a light blue one, "This one gives her ice powers, the purple one is for space, and the other blue one is for water, I'll leave the rest for you to discover on your own time." Ethan explains as he points out which vial was which, "Usually, they can be taken straight up as is, but I heard some would mix it into food for the kwami to digest it better."

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." (Y/N) places the box on the small table near the hammock as to not disturb the contents on her person, just a precaution, "Next, I want you to see how you fare in a fight, transform right now if you want." He states bluntly, surprising (Y/N) as she blinked in confusion, seeing as he's not transforming with Hibii, "But Ethan, shouldn't this be a fair fight?" He hums as he glanced at Hibii, who shrugs at him, "You're right about that," His face scrunched up as he thought to himself, before continuing, "Then, I'll just stick to defense."