𝐈𝐗 | Convenient Inconsistencies

(Y/N)'s POV

🩰

I was running. But from what? "Just keep running!"I heard a voice shout from ahead of me, I couldn't see them, it was dark, but I could feel their presence, and the approaching shadow from behind us is slowly closing in before I sped up my pace, maintaining my distance from the thing chasing us.

"Quick, in here!" I heard them shout, and I get pulled into an alleyway, I tried to make out the silhouette in front of me but, it felt like I was trying to see underwater, and when they start to talk, it was barely audible, I tried to speak to them, yet my mouth is clamped shut, a flash of blinding light flooded my vision and I squeezed my eyes shut.

(Y/N)...?

(Y/N)!

I sat up in my bed, gasping, before shaking my head, the one who was calling out to me was Soarra, floating in front of me, a look of concern in her green eyes, "You were mumbling in your sleep... Are you okay?" She pats my cheek as I nodded in reassurance, "Yeah... I'm alright." I rubbed my eyes tiredly, looking around, "What time is it?" I yawned reaching over to my bedside table, before pulling my hand back at the cold sensation.

I looked over and see, glinting in the moonlight, a silver bracelet, "What?" I squinted my eyes before grabbing the bracelet, turning it in my hand, just as a sharp pain hits the back of my head, and I dropped the bracelet on my bed.

"Ugh, what did I do on patrol, yeesh." I groaned, standing up from the bed and making my way to the bathroom, pulling out the first-aid kit that I stashed in the drawer, cleaning up bruises that run up my side, as Soarra sat on the bathroom counter, watching me, "You're pretty good at treating yourself." She noted as I nodded, "Being a dancer, injuries like these are pretty common, so I know how to work my way around them." I explained but when I got to my left ankle, I winced, only noticing how dark the bruising was, my foot swelling slightly, "That's definitely a sprain." I huffed, using my hands to bring my leg onto my lap.

I gritted my teeth as I wrapped the gauze around my foot, careful not to make it too tight, "How did I get this anyway?" I turned to Soarra as she nervously glanced to the side, "Maybe you had it while fighting...?" I tilted my head, not recalling an incident that could have sprained my ankle but, then again, my memory from the last patrol was... Hazy, to say the least.

I smiled at the kwami and shrugged, "If you say so, then." After I finished wrapping the gauze I stood up, shifting my whole weight into my other foot, as I head back to bed, completely forgetting about the silver bracelet, and just decided to sleep it off until tomorrow.

I slowly opened my eyes, sunlight filtering in through my windows, and I sat up, reaching towards my beside to grab my phone, checking the time, reading 7:32 am, My eyes widen as I was finally wide awake, I'm gonna be late!

I rushed around throwing on my clothes, and slinging my bag across my shoulder, I winced every time I pressed my sprained foot on the ground but, kept moving around in spite of the sharp pains shooting up from my foot, "Soarra, come on!" I shouted for the little kwami to get up, and she floated lazily over to me and gets into my bag.

I rushed down the stairs, fast enough so my left foot wasn't striking the floor hard, and grabbed a toast for breakfast and a bag of cookies for Soarra, "Bye, Auntie!" I yelled as I passed by the living room and left the house.