Chapter 10

Tommy woke up to two sets of footsteps above him. He opened his eyes and sat up. It took a moment for him to remember where he was. He got out of bed and walked to the ladder leading up to the main floor. He climbed up the ladder. He opened the trapdoor enough to see who was in the house.
Phil and Techno were standing in the middle of the room. They were talking about Tommy.
"Let me make sure I'm understanding all this," Phil said. "So Tommy poisoned Ranboo and ran away. You found him in the woods. Now he's got a bounty on his head."
"That's pretty much it," Techno said. "We need to keep him safe. We can't let him get locked up with Dream."
Tommy didn't pay attention to the rest of their conversation. What if I get myself locked up with Dream? I could make a stasis chamber. Once I've killed Dream, I could get Techno to use the stasis chamber. I'd be able to get out of the prison that way.
"I know you're listening, Tommy," Techno said.
Tommy opened the trapdoor all the way and stood up. He closed the trapdoor and turned to Phil and Techno. Phil was staring at him.
"You're hiding Tommy in your basement?" Phil said. His voice was filled with a combination of worry and anger.
"Yep," Techno answered. "That's where he's staying currently."
"But Ranboo practically lives next to you!" Phil said. "What if Ranboo finds out he's here? What would happen to Tommy?"
"I'd distract Ranboo and Tommy would run away," Techno answered calmly. "I don't see the point of your worry."
Phil looked like he was about to say something, but he sighed instead. "I'm just glad you're okay, Tommy. What's not okay is the fact that you poisoned someone, young man."
"Oh come on, Phil!" Tommy said. "You have to at least admit that I'm great at making poisons. The poison was completely undetectable. I'm pretty proud of my skills."
"Oh my god, Tommy!" Phil said. He sounded slightly amused. "You are hopeless."