༄empty lonely heart

───────✧❁✧───────

𝔗he older members where sitting in the waiting area in front of the operation room, their manager next to them.
Jungkook's condition was so critical that he had needed surgery.
The three had already forgotten how long they had been staring at the white walls and the transparent glass door, but it felt like an eternity.
Every nurse who walked through the door was given a hopeful look, but the boys' hopes were dashed every time.
They didn't know if their Maknae would made it...

Although hospital staff kept walking past them, it felt like even the air had stopped moving. Everything was monotonous. Gray, white, only a small dead tree, which once had represented life, stood in a corner of the hallway. The oldest knew how the tree must feel.
Hoseok, who was sitting at the end of the group, couldn't help but think that this tree looked a lot like Jungkook. Small, sad, empty, dried up. Yes, the little tree and Jungkook were more alike than you thought.
The only difference was, that the little tree was already dead. Jungkook still had a chance and Hoseok wouldn't give up on him. They all wouldn't give up, they would keep hoping and begging for their youngest.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ♡̷̷̷ ⋆⁺₊⋆

For almost 4 hours, Hoseok, Jin and Yoongi hadn't closed an eye or changed their position. Their manager had nervously paced up and down the hallway.. got drinks for the boys and tried to calm them down.. but the three of them couldn't.
Anxiety was filling the room, making it tense and harder to breathe.
They hadn't heard from Jungkook for almost 4 hours.
You could say that that didn't breathe for 4 hours.
But then..

"Family of Mr Jeon?"

The group stood up and bowed slightly to the doctor who had just walked through the door to the operation room. It was the same doctor who had performed the last surgeries on Jungkook.
The three looked at the older one hopefully, hoping to see something in her gaze.
"So, Mr. Jeon's wounds were very badly inflamed, which led to mild blood poisoning. We cleaned his wounds and put him on antibiotics. Also, we have decided to put him in an induced coma for at least a week or two to allow his organs to recover. But we have to wait and see... blood poisoning leads to death in many cases.."
The three froze. No one managed to say anything and for a brief moment the world stood completely still. Until Yoongi spoke up.
"That means.. he could die from it?"
Hoseok, who was standing next to Yoongi, could hardly hold back his tears and was gently hugged by Jin as the doctor began to speak again.
"Many patients don't make it, but Mr. Jeon is doing pretty well at the moment.  As I said, we'll have to wait and see how his organs recover. However, you need to know that for some, after the induced coma, a whole new life begins. You have to prepare for it and be patient with him."
Now it was too much for Hoseok. He turned to Jin, who hugged him tighter and sobbed into his shoulder.
Yoongi in turn was frozen in place.
"Can we see him?" he asked the doctor, who then sighed slightly.
"Since he is now very susceptible to illnesses, rather reluctantly.. if only with protective clothing." Yoongi nodded silently while he collected all the information internally.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ♡̷̷̷ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Seeing Jungkook like that would probably have been hard on anyone, whether you knew him or not.
He had a tube down his throat, which was probably one of the most unpleasant things the three had ever seen. Jungkook had to be intubated before.. for a short time after the accident, but they didn't remember it to be such a unpleasant sight.
Yes, it was to help their Jungkook, but you still couldn't talk nice about the sight.

Their maknae.. which they had watched grow up lay in this bed, countless, unnameable machines to his right and left, cables, hoses, his legs in plaster, his scrawny stature in this giant bed.

Yoongi cried.
He. Cried.
He sobbed, as he saw their maknae looking so lost in that large bed.
Jin held Yoongi tight in his arms, as they sat down next to Jungkook, with a little distance. Hoseok joined the two while grabbing Yoongi's hand.
Their manager had left to give them more privacy.
And the three were grateful for that.
They were also thankful for the moon, which shone through the large window and made the room not look too dark and scary. They were also thankful for the small lamp in a corner of the room, which gave the room a pleasant warmth little light.

Hoseok yawned as he rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder, who was leaning against Seokjin. The eldest sighed while stroking first Yoongi's and then Hoseok's thighs, all the stress slowly leaving his body and tiredness taking over.

And so the three of them sat there, late into the night, accompanied by the beeping and rushing of the machines, reassuring them that their Jungkook was still alive..

They were tired, but they would not stop hoping and fighting...

Never.