Chapter 9

The next day I arrive earlier to school. I need to talk with the girls. I find them at our usual spot, as always.

"Ayee. Look who came early today." Amanda tease.

"Yea, yea, I need to talk with you." I almost whisper, almost. Normally it isn't my thing to talk about girl stuff. It just isn't my thing, at all.

"Okay but first, we need to ask you a question."

"Shoot" I have no clue what they were going to ask. It's impossible that they already know about what happened at the meeting.

"What were those rumors about Black Ruby, knocking everybody down in the ring, in less than a minute?!" Alice asks concerned.

"Where did you hear those rumors?" Of course, people had noticed, and of course there are rumors now.

"We went to the underground Saturday, and asked Dave in the bar, if anything exciting had happened after we left. He told us that you had been in the ring for 3 hours straight, defeating everyone. And then Il Diavolo had taken you out of there." Alice and Amanda looked more concerned at me now.

Wow I had been in there for 3 hours. If you can be impressed by yourself, then I am.

Okay let's try and explain it simple, "Well after the fight, we had an important meeting with the Italians, and I got some news that pissed me off, so I lost it. I guess." I try to look as reassuring as I could. I don't want to tell them right now, before school, maybe after shopping? I pray they won't ask 'What news?'.

"What new..." Amanda is just about to ask me the question but get cut off by a familiar voice. "Hey girls" I'm safe from explaining myself, thank God... but why him!? Why Hunter!? I can feel him standing behind me. He put his arm over my shoulders. I flinched a short second. What is he doing?

The girls look a little surprised. Maybe because of the fact that I didn't hit, slap, scream or beat him up.

I'm surprised too. But still, I allow him, weirdly enough, to do it.

"Are you going to introduce me? or should I do it myself?" Hunter whisper in my ear. That... ugh!

"Hunter this is Amanda and Alice, girls this is Hunter." The girls smile at Hunter, and he do the same, well he smirks, but same same. The girls are still giving me questioning looks, though.

"Uhm... Does he/they know about your family business" They all three asks at the same time. Oh god.

"Yes, you all know, I'll explain things to you girls after school. And Hunter you'll find out later." I'm a little frustrated right now.

I look down at my watch, shit we're going to be late.

"Okay we need to run now" Shit! I really don't want to be late. The others look at their watches, then they look up, all with the same look in their eyes. The 'we are fucked!' look. We look at each other, and then, we run as fast as we can.

We all have the same class, and it is at the other end of the school. That means we have to run fast and without getting caught. The worst thing about it all is that today, it's Mr. Hamilton who is walking around in the corridors, ready to catch students that are late. Which is us. And I really don't want detention.

Wait, if we get detention, we won't go shopping. Maybe it's not that bad?

Who am I kidding, if we can't go shopping I will have to hear Amanda sobbing the rest of the day, and night. Plus, detention with Mr. Hamilton, no thank you. Maybe we can just skip school today? No, then I will get in trouble with my dad.