Chapter 16

The BranchFirst day on the new job and Bethanie had to interview ten new candidates for three positions in her branch. She was nervous and did not know how to do this since she was not trained as a manager, just yet.

"Stephanie is my eight am here?"

"Yes, she is Bethanie and here is her resume, references and application. I told her that she did not need to bring it all in since we already had them." Sara told her.

"Send her in Sara."

"Good Morning Gloria, I am Bethanie Prong, how are you doing?"

"I am doing good Ms. Prong."

"Have a seat and let's get started."

Bethanie went through the day with all her people she had to interview but it was just the beginning. There were still three more days this week that she had to go through more people to interview. The other two days she had to spend in a managers training courses with new managers at the main branch.

During the training she had met lot of new people and a couple of them were men. One of which was going to her branch as her assistant manager and he was some kind of eye candy.

Bethanie hired her three new employees only to fire two of her older ones as they were not doing their jobs. She had to go back and hire two more people to take those peoples places. One of the people she hired was a fifty-five year old retiree that is a male and had the looks to kill.

His name is Mason and her assistant managers name is James. They both just happened to be brothers and both eye candy. She started to look at them with pure lust but only while in her office but felt guilty when she did so.

"Bethanie those men that you hired are nothing but eye candy for our branch. Why are they here? They are so...umm...distracting." Gloria says sheepishly.

"Well, I didn't have a choice with James but I did with Mason and I know they are both very hot...damn."

Bethanie thought to herself; 'I cannot think like that they are my employees but they are so very hot.'

She did not once think about Lachlan and what it would do to him if he knew she had these two men in her branch and of course if she was thinking about them as eye candy or any other thoughts.

Her phone rings and she looks at the number and does not answer it since she does not know who it belongs to. It rang again with the same number, ignored again, her phone kept ringing over and over again with the same number so she finally answered it being a little leery.

"Hello, who is this and how did you get this number?" She asks with a quiet voice.

"You do not know me but be weary you are next." The voice said and hung up.

She hung up the phone shaking and texted Lachlan with the phone number and the message that was told to her. He called her back immediately and said to answer it again but sent a bunch of questions to ask the person on the other line so that they would be able to trace where the call came from.

She was happier that and felt safer that he had her back then looked out her office door and watched how her staff was working well together, however, there was something off with one of the employees but she could not figure out which one. She would have to keep an eye on them.A few days later she gets a call once a again from the same number and she texted Lachlan he texted Champ to start the trace on her phone and he did.

"Hello who is this please?"

"I told you once you must be weary you will be next."

"What do you mean I will be next?"

"I do not have to give you any answers love, just head my warning."

"I am not scared of your warnings."

"Oh, I think you need to be scared because you will never see your family again, not your friend, Dee, your son or daughter-in-law or their unborn child."

"Excuse me? I will have you know, you will not do anything to my family or friends and if you do I will hurt you so bad you won't be able to see straight."

With a robust laughter he just tsk tsk his tongue; "now, now love I know for a fact you're just a mere human and not one of them. So I would just love to see you try to hurt my pack and myself as you would not last but two-seconds before you perish."

With that being said the phone went silent. Champ called her and she answered the call right away fuming with anger. 

"We got the trace and it came from Italy which pinged back to the states and I am still working on the exact location in the USA. So we know it is an Italian number but not sure who it belongs to or where the person is located at."

"Thanks Champ for your help, I really appreciate it. I have a question for you."

"Sin troubleure what is it Beth?"

"If I give you some names could you check out some employees further than we can? There are some I just really don't know about and have a funny feeling about them."

"Shoot their ID's over to me via your phone so that you don't get in trouble although I am sure Lachlan would be happy to have you back in the pack. He has been mopping around and bugging EVERYONE. We keep telling him to go see you but he won't."

"Oh wow, I am so sorry he is bugging you but tell me I said hello for me."

"Will do Beth, take care."

They ended their call but she got out their records and sent the information over to Champ. He texted her back letting her know he will get on this but it will take some time to go through a full check up on them and at least he has faces so he will check with facial recognition software as well.

She was happy and had a peace of mind knowing that she is secretly checking to see who she could honestly trust in her office and who she could not. She just felt like something was off in her office but could not put her hands on it just yet.