chapter 6

The next day, Diana went to pick up Langston from the rehab facility. Langston exited the doors, just one hour later, with two big suitcases and his laptop carrying case in his hand, with the brand-new computer that Donovan gave him days before, and he had that smile in his face that Diana fell in love with six years before. They were boyfriend and girlfriend for a year, and then they got engaged, and one month later, they got married. Although Diana regretted marrying Langston many times, especially after he would beat her up, but deep down in her heart, she always had hope that he would change and she would dream about it every night. Now, her dream finally came true. Langston was back to being that loving young guy that was head over heels in love with her and treated her like a queen, something that stopped when they married. He was wearing new teeth, but his smile was just the same, just as sweet, and his face was just as young and soft as before, and it would always be like this before age seventy, unless he started using meth again, something he would never do. He didn't want that monster to come back. They went to Diana's car, placed all of Langston's stuff in the trunk and got in simultaneously.

"You have anywhere to go before we go home, Langston?"

"I don't have to go anywhere but home."

"What I mean is are you ordered to go anywhere before we get home."

"No. I am going straight home."

"Ok."

Two hours later, they got home. Langston was so tired because of his antidepressant, and because he became tired of looking at the road and the sides of the road for two straight hours, and sitting in the car, that would drain him now. He couldn't sit in the car for hours and hours, taking long rides while running his errands like he used to. It was very unlikely that he would ever be able to drive again because of how high the dosage of his medication was, and Diana would make damn sure he wouldn't drive. She didn't want to lose him in a car crash, in an instant, after they've been through so much together. Losing him like that would be sad and stupid. She firmly believed in 'til death do us part and would never divorced, but she didn't want to be widowed at twenty-five, either. Hell no! If possible, she wanted to spend at least fifty more years with him, making him her one and only man. She would, however, start over with another man if he died, but she wanted him to die a natural death instead of getting killed. That's why, from now on, she would make sure to hide the keys from him, in a safe, and not let him drive until the dosage of his medication got way lowered or he would get taken off the medication altogether. She would go as far as hire a chauffeur to take him places that he needed to go because she had to keep working to support the family now that Langston would have to work less hours, and there was a baby on the way. That baby had to have everything he needed and she would have to work harder for him and the family than before. She was twenty-five, healthy and strong. She could handle it.

Langston took a shower, changed into his pajamas, although it was only eleven o'clock in the morning, and went to take a nap. Diana did the same thing and then lied down beside him. They didn't notice that while they slept, when they were into like the fourth stage of sleep, they were holding hands. The hours passed until it was seven o'clock at night. Diana woke up and it was pitch-black outside. "Holy cow," she said. "Did we really sleep this much?" Well, we might as well stay in our pajamas because at this time of night we are not going anywhere unless we have an emergency.

Langston woke up. "What was that, sweetheart?" He sat up in the bed. You could only see his neck, his arms and his hands with those pajamas, nothing revealing, but she still wanted to rip his clothes off. She turned around, looked at him and gasped. He'd never looked so sexy. They had a very active sex life before because despite the problems they were having, they were very addicted to one another, and couldn't keep their hands off of each other. It got so ridiculous that one year before, she had to go to the hospital and the doctor told him it wasn't his fault that he was much more than well-endowed, but that he had to slow down and take it easy, otherwise he would cause damage in her reproductive system or even cause her a heart attack, killing her. Langston had never been like this with a woman before. His ten previous partners, he would only get with them like three times a week, for a few minutes a day. She was just so beautiful. There was something about her. He couldn't explain it, but now, she felt this way about him. He still felt this way about her, but he was careful to touch her because he didn't want her to relive that horrible experience. "Something wrong?"