The Start

In 1214 A.D., there ruled the Kingdom of Castile. It was ruled by Queen Shanielle and King Sebastian. They've never been the kind to treat others kindly so when they had a child, it wasn't a surprise that not a single person showed up to celebrate. The king and queen got furious at this and decided to publicly hang one of the many villagers that didn't attend. The village got angered by this and were making plans to kill the king and queen, but one man spoke out "Why kill them when we can torture them." The village was questioned by this. They didn't know what he meant. He explained to them his idea and they all agreed.

The next day, he built a wooden chest with intricate designs on it, knowing this is the only way the king and queen would accept it. On the very inside of this chest, in a hidden chamber, laid the stone of souls. The stone is haunted by a creature- no, a thing, that eats the souls of children or anyone evil enough to see it.

Once finished, he road his horse to the castle with the chest in a little carriage behind him. When he got to the gates, the guards asked him his purpose. The man said "I come with a gift for the child." He got off the horse, walked over to the carriage, and picked up the chest. The guards pointed their spears towards the man thinking he had a weapon. He opened the chest and said "Nothing to worry about. There's no weapons. It's just a simple toy chest for the child." He gave a sweet smile and the guards put their weapons down. They took the chest brought it inside the gates, and shut them.

Every night that followed, the villagers would hear screams coming from the castle until one day the King jumped from his room on the top floor to his death. On that day the queen wore a black dress and her child did as well. They had no emotion. They got in a carriage and put the toy chest inside with it. They headed towards the ocean. The queen waded in the water and threw the chest out at sea. She went back to the carriage and grabbed the child. The child just stared at her mother and the mother at the child. The queen went back in the water and laid the child down in it to drown. The child didn't struggle a bit. Just stared into the distance and then died. The queen headed back but didnt go in the carriage. She took the horse and road away deep into the forest. No one ever found her.

In the early 1700s, the chest washed up on the shore of America. A young girl was taking a stroll on the beach and saw this chest. It still looked brand new except for the 3 claw marks on the side. She took it home to show her mother and her mother said "This could be worth lots of money! You may have just saved our family!" Later that day she brought it to the market to sell it and surely enough, she got 500$.

The man she sold it to started having trouble with his business. Things would fall down and break, things would fly around or be found out of place, and you could even hear a child crying sometimes. As soon as he sold it, all of the chaos stopped and things got back to normal.. for him.

Ever since then, the chest has been traveling everywhere taking many souls with it. No one knows the dangers till it's too late.