CHAPTER 1

SAM'S POV:

I'm waking up and I'm feeling cold, very very cold and the surface I'm laying on is uncomfortable and sort of hard. I take some time to blink and adjust my eyes to the lighting. As soon as I do so I'm struck with shock and fear.

"Where am I!?" I ask myself scared. I get and find out I'm in some sort of alley way? I try not to panic or anything so I take a few deep breaths and calm my head a little, long story short it dosent work and I'm instantly filled with fear and nervousness. Mostly fear, I decide to look around me and all I see is 3 walls surrounding me and straight ahead of me is a street I don't recognise. I also find a bag and a note attached to the zips on the bag. I open it and read out what it says and almost instantly I fall on my knees crying.
The note reads

"Your being thrown out, your a disgrace to the family and we raised you better. Go live your life or die freak. NEVER COME BACK, GAY BASTARD!"

Reading this filled me with anger, rage, fear and extreme sadness. I keep crying for what feels like a solid 30 minutes in disbelief of what's happening to me right now. I try to pull myself togather and try to get over it, if that's even possible. I clean my eyes a little and open the bag and see what's inside, all there is a 7 pairs of clothes and some food, there's also a paper wrapped up in a second pocket. I open and find some money, I start sobbing again cause I really can't believe this is happening. My parents were always abusive on me ever since I came out to them saying I'm gay.

I take some time to plan something out, at least a have some sort of resources to start out with. I pick myself up, still in tears and I let the thought that life is gonna be hard take over my head as I walk out the alley into the street in front of me.

I keep walking but I don't know whee I am at all. My "parents" probably dumped me ridiculously far away. It's not long until I bump into an officer who seems to be writing a ticket down to some car parked on the side, probably a parking tickle or something. He's a wolf and his fur is grey and white. I go ahead and try to bravely ask him where I am.

"Uh- e-excuse me officer?" I stutter trying to get his attention. He then turns around and responds

"Yes? What can I help you with?" He asks showing a bit of concern as he stares down my eyes.

"I seem to be lost, my parents dumped me here probably a few hours ago or something. Umm wh-where am I?" I ask scared and sad. He then starts questioning me by trying to comfort me first as he notices me tearing up a little.

"Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that." He says and then questions me.

"What is your name if I may ask and your age?" He questions curiously.

"My name is Sam, I'm 16" I say in a bit of fear since I have no idea what going to happen to me now. He then pulls out his radio and says,

"I'm gonna call you in. Don't worry your not in any trouble or anything I'm just going to take you in to child protection services. Are you ok with that?" He asks me in a bit of care. I respond saying "yea" I get a little nervous but I put a little trust in him. After all he is a cop.

"Officer 50-21 to dispatc, I've got a 16 year old male dumped by his parents. Taking him into child protection services." The cop radios.

He escorts me into his patrol car and we drive to a police presict. I still didn't get an answer to where I am, I'm guessing he probably forgot after I explained what happened to me and how I got here. He seemed genuinely concerned about me and showed me a lot of care while we were driving. It made me trust him more and to be honest I kind of like him. Not like like him just like him. After about maybe 2 hours we pull up into the presict, and I read the board out in front and find out I'm in Utah. I've never been here before and I'm pretty sure it was quite far from where I used to live. Then the officer escorted me into the station. I was taken to a room or an office some would say where I was sat down with another officer. This officer was a Fox to, but with different coloured fur. He introduces himself saying,