5-The news

" The news? " i scowl picking up the remote of the small televison at the staff room

"Yeah , chanel 2" . I do as she says and start watching it.

At first nothing seems unusual , i was kind of confused about why Alice wanted me to watch the news since i wasn't a very big fan of it , the reporter was just talking about yesterday's event and putting up photographs and short videos of the Alpha shaking hands with some famous people and the mayor of Denver.

" Alice i don't see why-" she cuts me off " just watch". I sigh turning my attention back to the flat screen.

" While everyone was shocked by yesterday's announcement  from our Alpha , we still haven't gotten any clarifications concerning  his mate,  aside from the fact that they were from Denver" The reporter says flipping the pile of papers infront of her then continues. " However , some reporters claim ,  that Alpha Lucas's mate was indeed present at the party "

Oh , i thought they weren't . I honestly dont see why Alice is forcing me to watch this , i meam , alright our Alpha finding his mate is a big deal , but i don't really care . 

" A journalist at the party had successfuly been able to capture a brief moment of Alpha Lucas standing next to someone who we couldn't identify yet, as they were facing away from the camera"

After the reporter says that, a picture shows up on the screen . It was indeed , Alpha Lucas standing near the door and a young man , or.... a rather manly women? with brown short hair who was facing the other side-

Wait this- 

" But nothing has been confirmed yet , so we can't be sure if that is indeed Alpha Lucas's mate" the reporter finishes off.

" Abel that picture is all over the news and social media... that's you isn't it?"

I can't speak , my throat feels so dry right now that if i say something it'll probably bruise.

" That suit, it was the one we picked at my father's tailer , the blue one you wore to the party"

By now my breathing has started to quicken along with my palms that were getting sweaty . 

" Hello Abel ? you still there ?" Alice says with a concerned voice ;

"I- i don't know what this means , there must be some sort of mistake " i shake my head standing up from the couch , pacing around the tiny room " Maybe the angle was just not right and i just happened to be in it" .

Ok , i am freaking out , that definetly looks like me , the suit and my hair ... oh my goddess .

" Maybe you're right , the Alpha hadn't said anything about it so maybe i am wrong . It's just i saw the picture and i thought i recognized you and panicked then called you "

" But what if it's true Alice! i was standing next to the door and he was standing behind me , what if it was him, oh my god" my voice starts shaking as i was talking .

" Abel calm down. Shit i shouldn't of had said anything until you came home " . No no , this is not happening . At this point i was sure that i was at the verge of a panic attack because of how hard i was breathing .

' Slow down Abel' . Oh god Ira , are you listening to this madness?!

' Yeah... but we still don't know if it's true' Ira tries to reassure me but my racing heart doesn't seem to respond. The other night.... You said that he sounded- You said that alpha Lucas sounded familiar i-is that why?oh god no...

' I-i don't know i was just-'

" You're having a panic attack , sit down , am coming to pick you up" Alice says and i just respond with a weak ok then hang up.