Five

The week passes by fast and before I know it its Saturday morning. Anna is supposed to be keeping Colton tonight for my date, so Colton is up and running around the house gathering all his sleepover supplies.

There is a knock at the door, I open it and let Anna in.

" No twins?" I ask.

" No they stayed with Scott to prepare the house for our sleepover tonight." We laughed.

"Thank you again for keeping him." I say," Although I'm debating canceling". I say shyly

"What? No! You can't cancel . Why would you?" She ask.

" I just, I just don't know if this is a good idea. I mean for one we are co-workers and its not professional and I'm not even sure if its allowed. And secondly I have a four year old son too think about. And I haven't dated in so long I don't even know what to do, I just think its bound to be a disaster. "I exclaim.

"Woah, Vannah take a deep breath, First lots of our co-workers are dating so it has to be okay, second Colton likes Clay, and Clay knows about Colton so he must be okay with it or he wouldn't have asked you out. Third dating is the same as it has been, you will be okay. Savannah you are my best friend and I love you but you have to find some happiness in the world, you can't just wait around your whole life for Matt to come to his senses and come back to you guys, What if that day never comes and you spent your whole life waiting around when possibly Clay is the guy for you, and if its not him, maybe its the next one. You need to be happy Savannah."

It took me a second to process everything Anna had said but deep down I knew she was right, I was waiting around for Matt, when it was obvious he wasn't doing the same.

"You're right, I guess I need you to help me find something to wear then." I said to Anna.

We headed up to my room to find me and outfit, once we had finally decided on my burgundy sun dress and a black cardigan, I found some black heels to go with my dress. Anna curled my hair and I did my make-up. It was five forty-five when I finished. Anna decided to head out before Clay showed up so Colton wouldn't have any questions.

After they left I walked downstairs, my dad was sitting at the kitchen table. He looked up and said,

" Woah, Pretty girl, that boy is going to have some competition with every other guy tonight." I laughed

" You know, you should wear those diamond ear rings that were your moms."He said

"Oh, nice touch, I'll go get them." I turn to go back upstairs as the doorbell rings.

" Can you get that I'll be right back." I say and run up the stairs, I hear my dad talking to Clay as I grab the earrings. I was walking down the hall to the stairs when I heard my dad say,

" You know I told the last guy this and he didn't listen, so hopefully you will. Hurt my girl, and it won't be good." I cant believe he was threating Clay. I thought that talk ended once the daughter became an adult. I hurry down the stairs before my dad can say anymore. As I approach them they are talking about Clays car, figured that was going to happen. I walked out onto the front porch, Clay is standing there in jeans and a button down dark grey dress shirt. The grey seems to make his blue eyes pop out even more and I catch myself staring. Clay interrupts my thoughts.

" Woah, You look Amazing." He says and I see the red flush in his cheeks.

" Thank you, so do you." I say with a smile. My dad is standing there awkwardly, I glanced over and smiled as he winked at me.

"Have fun Kid." He says

" Love you dad." I say as I walk down the porch steps.

Clay opens his car door for me and I get into his car. He walks around and gets in. He starts the car and the stereo comes to life, The Fray is playing.