Clato (short story)

" Be careful" I tell Clove

" Don't worry, I have my knives" I see Foxface run and grab the District 5 bag. I chase after her, knowing that if Fire Girl comes Clove will kill her. I run as fast as I can after Foxface. She is super fast, but I advance on her. I get my sword ready, "CATO! CATO!" I stop dead in  my tracks. That's Clove something must have happened.

"CLOVE!"

"CATO!!! CATO!!!" I run even faster now, something tells me I don't have much time.

"CLOVE!!!!"

"CLOVE!!!! CLOVE!"

I make it to the opening where the cornicopia is. I see Thresh and Fire Girl talking. Then I see Clove, on the ground!

"CLOVE!!!!!" I yell. Thresh and Katniss turn, when they see me they take off. I run to Clove. When I reach her I see that she has a huge dent in her head. It hurts me to see her in pain.

"cato" she whispers

"clove" " I..I am so sorryI should have saved you"

"Sshh, its not your fault" her eyes close slowly and open again.

" Please don't leave me. Stay with me, please I need you" she makes a small smile and tell me to move closer.

" I love you " she whispers in my ear

" I love you too" I lean down to kiss he

" Win for me Cato" her eyes flutter shut.

"No Clove please don't go, I love you, I need you, just please stay with me" tears start to fall from my eyes. I don't care that everyone in Panem sees me crying I love Clove. BOOM!! Her cannon goes. I start to cry even harder. I now know why most of the districts hate the games. They took away the only person I knew for sure I cared about. We were supposed to go home. Together. I watch as they take Clove's body. The body of the person I love. The body of the girl i will never see again. Ever.

"Goodbye Clove" I say and walk into the woods to look for Thresh. He must die.