Always together

'do you remember those days?' Takasugi was standing, spring breeze moving his clothes and his hair. "so he's still short huh" was the only thing that Gintoki could think of in the moment. Takasugi was waiting for a reply, his eyes were closed, only for feeling the fresh air filling his lungs, it's like he never breathe before.
"still dramatic huh" Gintoki thought. A minute passed, not a single word, "seriously... that guy pisses me off as always" Takasugi decided to look down, is he even listening to me? he opened his eyes, gintoki was sitting on a trunk, looking at cherry blossoms in a gloomy sky, will it rain? after a few seconds Gintoki replied: " how could I forget them? even though these times are not that bad but, takasugi, no memory can be as sweet as days we spent together, like that" "like that?" takasugi already knew the answer, only wnated to have a conversation, just a little bit longer, so then he could go with no regrets.
Gintoki rested his hand on the tree stump the lowered his head, takasugi couldn't see his eyes anymore, then he said:" I mean, those times we were alive you know, those feelings will never revive again, as they were before" takasugi clenched his fists " i know" that was what he thought but never said, what is the point if i say it aloud? why couldn't he lie? i know, we all know, always these thoughts i can not stop come to my mind, making me terrified and angry, I really wish someone could prove me wrong, bringing those feelings may be impossible but, what if...what if there was some way... some way to run away from the pain we are stuck with, not forever that would not be possible, but only for a moment. all of these feelings were rushing to takasugi in a second, he wanted to say something, anything, even though he got his answer, he didn't want to believe that things would end just here, " i don't know when I'll be able to see him" he thought."
silence, only sound of slight winds rushing toward them, minutes passed, Takasugi didn't even realized that gintoki was standing behind him, staring as if it was the last time he is going to see him in a situation beside fights. Gintoki broke the silence and said: but, you know, the fact that you are here now, talking and remaining calm, brings me joy. even though i'm aware that these moments will last for an hour or two, they meant everything to me. today will be one of the memories I will later remember and smile." Takasugi would'nt listen completely:" calm you said?" he turned his face to gintoki and shouted: how could i be calm? why on the earth would you think that I'm calm? an hour or two? do you really think that would be enough? after all those years and the hell we've been through, is really one hour standing here our prize? we might not be worth it anyways but we too have been through pain! why... why don't we deserve anything? why aren't we meant to be-" gintoki hugged Takasugi and put his hand on back of his head:" you deserve everything" he whispered. what was happening? this is the warmth Takasugi never felt before in his life. it was like a dream, one of those dreams which may never come true, the ones that make your heart bright and warm, one of those which make you feel like home, a home far far away, where gives you comfort and you can always come back to if you wanted. he still was angry but could handle it himself. takasugi grabbed a corner of gintoki's cloth and said in a low voice: i wish it could always be like this, forever.
-we could be like this. gintoki grabbed takasugi's shoulders and said: we could be like this! let's get over everything and just... and just... be. like we have no other thing to do. i'm sick and tired of fighting, let's go together, you and me.
takasugi looked in gintoki's eyes: " is he serious?" he thought. he took gintoki's hand and pulled him away softly then said: you should wait, i will tell you why but before that, let's just sit and enjoy this short opportunity we have. then he took gintoki's hand again and they both sat on a big piece of rock, watching the river passing by. takasugi rested his head on gintoki's shoulder and colsed his eyes, maybe this was just enough, could it get any better? he thought. they didn't talk for the entire time. there was nothing words could say, they knew everything. no need to talk anymore.
an hour passed, "it's time" takasugi said. gintoki looked at him, it was black under his eyes yet it was so beautiful on his skin, his left eye was closed as always and his hair were on his skin, the purple kimono fit so pretty on his body, he should remember all this, all this beauty. takasugi put his hand on gintoki's face then said: i shall get going" then he stood up and turned his back while still looking at gintoki: we will meet each other soon. then he sarted walking away. Gintoki couldn't belive he was loosing him again this easily, he shouted: but where are you going? he was breathing fast.
-you will know.
gintoki was not satisfied with the answer, he raised his voice and said:wait! takasugi, we could share a drink together sometime ...please don't leave...
Takasugi was now turning smaller and smaller fading away from gintoki's sight, :" maybe for another time"
8/7/2021

My note: Hi! It's my first time sharing my story so I'm totally new ^^ Thanks for reading my story. I'm sorry if it has some grammatical mistakes, I would be glad if you'd tell me your opinions.💕