Making Love

This was the chapter that was missing. Enjoy!

Miranda walked the halls of Settle Grace Mercy West doing rounds on her patients. But all she could think about was the next two days that she would be spending with Ben.

It had been a week since they're last date and when they- Miranda wasn't able to finish that thought because she stepped into her patient's room.

"Whose presenting?" Dr. Bailey said.

"I am Grey responded, David Parker, 56 and is here for a laparoscopic hernia repair in the umbilical area."

"And why are we are we going in laparoscopically Grey?"

"To avoid leaving Mr. Parker with the large scar incision that the traditional approach would create," Grey replied.

Miranda and her residents continued to do rounds before her surgery and for once she was able to get her mind off of Dr. Benjamin Warren.

After she scrubbed out of her last surgery for the day she felt refreshed and was on her way to get some paperwork done when she saw Ben standing at the nurses station. She blushed thinking about their last date and what they would be getting into once they left work.

"Dr. Warren," Miranda said blankly. "Dr. Bailey," Ben replied with the same tone in his voice as he turned and smiled placing his hand in his hip.

"Are you ready to start our two day date?" He asked lowering his voice causing the baritone to stand out.

The sound made Miranda shiver, all she could do was nod her head yes. Ben leaned down and whispered in something in her ear. She gasped, "I will pick you up at 7pm," Ben said with a smirk on his face as he walked away.

Ben sat in his fourth surgery of the day thinking about Miranda. After seeing her earlier at the nurses station he couldn't stop thinking about her.

Although she was considered the toughest doctor at Seattle Grace Mercy West, he knew that underneath all of that was the gentle, kind and loving woman that he saw.

But that toughest is what he loved about her also. Of course he wanted all of her but he was excited to finally get to touch her this weekend. Her body was his favorite thing about her just as much as her personality was.

She was a full figured woman with curves and he loved that. As his surgery came to an end and he finished up, he rushed to the attending lounge and hurried home to get ready for their date.

After Miranda finished her post-op rounds she walked to the attending lounge and changed out of her scrubs and back into her regular clothes.

As soon as she changed her thoughts switched back to thinking about Ben and wondering what they're two days together would be like.
Miranda stood in her closet and packed a small bag per request of Ben in the text he sent her.

"If we aren't going to have sex until tomorrow's date, what are going to do tonight that we have to spend the night together?" she thought.

Of course she was excited to spend her first night with Ben but she was nervous. She was still dealing with her divorce and heartbreak from her soon to be ex husband and he'd been the only man she'd ever been with.

Ben stood in the mirror of his bathroom brushing his fade. He then sprayed his Ralph Lauren cologne on before looking himself over. He wore a white button down, a black suit jacket with dark washed jeans and brown dress shoes.

He was trying to not overthink the weekend. He just wanted to let Miranda feel how much he was already in love with her. He didn't want to freak her out by saying it.