Chapter 2

Overlooking the classroom, I walked over to the only seat with my nameplate on it.

A seat towards the back of the room and near the window. Generally a good spot to get.

The classroom was empty, I was the only student in the classroom.

Now, what should I do?
Should I wait for the teacher? Or should I wait until the other students arrive?

After a new minutes of doing nothing, the first bell rang. I was still the only one in the classroom.

Almost at the same time, a woman wearing a suit walked into the classroom.

On first impression, she seems like a teacher who finds strict classroom discipline important. She looks about 20 years old. Her long hair was tied back into a ponytail.

"Ahem, good morning. My name's Chabashira Sae and I am in charge of class S. You are the only student in class S. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange the classes every year, I will be your home room teacher for the next 3 years. Best regards. I will now distribute the list of special rules of this school and the matriculation guide."

[Flashback]
"Kiyotaka, however, you will be alone in class S"
Alone? what does he mean?

[End of flashback]

That explains why I'm the only one in this classroom.

At this school, there are special rules that make it different from every other high school. All students are required to live on campus, and are forbidden from contacting anyone outside the school.

Even contacting immediate family is impossible without the permission of the school.

Leaving school grounds is also forbidden.

However, there are also many other facilities so that students don't suffer from being restricted. There are karaokes, theater rooms, cafes, and even boutiques—you can say it made up a small town. And in the middle of the big city, the huge campus took up more than 600,000 square meters.

There's one more special characteristic of this school, though. The introduction of the S system.

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

Anything? I asked myself

This point system associated with the student card essentially replaced money.

This way, every student would start off with the same amount of money and would be forced to check their consumption habits. In any case, all of the points are provided at no charge from the school.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

In other words, for being admitted to this school, we got a 100,000 yen monthly allowance from the school. As expected from a school created by the Japanese government.

100,000 yen is a considerable amount of money given to students as a monthly allowance.

"Surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

"Any questions" she asked

I raised my hand and asked
"Sensei, you mentioned that we have already been allotted 100 000 points in our student ID this month. I then ask you how much points will class S receive next month?"

After hearing my question, a grin appeared on her face.
"I cannot disclose that information to you yet" she said
Yet? it seems that teachers aren't allowed to disclose any information about this so called "S System", I wonder if the senpais are allowed to. I highly doubt it though.
"I see, I have two more questions"
"Go on"
"How much would you cost? You said that we could buy anything in this school. Does that imply that I can buy you too?"
She froze with a blush but then regained her composure.
"Fortunately, you cannot buy teachers or anything"
What a pity, I thought.
"Then for my last question, are classes going to fight each other?"
"I cannot tell you yet but be careful" she says
My father said that I would be alone in class S, which means that I will be at a disadvantage if the classes fight.

"This will be interesting" I said after sensei left the class
I wonder if this is what you call excitement.
I should scout the other classes, I've seen some interesting students at the opening ceremony.

One student certainly caught my eye.

End of chapter