Gran

SAMMIE'S POV
   I walk down my street, puzzled on why everyone wants me dead.
I don't want to die. I want to live. Forever. Or as long as I possibly can.
My little sister walked next to me, looking straight ahead, probably thinking of a life better than this one, like me.
She yawned and stopped in her tracks. "Sammie, I'm tired."
I stopped, too. "Dia, we can't go home. Grandma is asleep, if we wake her, she'll give you a spank."
She held my hand. "I'm willing to take a risk. I'm really tired."
I sighed and we started walking home.
___________________________
Grandma was awake, but cooking.
She turned around. "Diana? Samuel? Why so late? You said you would be gone an hour."
I blinked.
I don't recall ever telling her I was actually leaving...
I cleared my throat. "We stopped at the park a little longer then usual, Gran."
She nodded. "Very well. Sit, sit. Dinner is almost ready."
We sat down and Dia but her head on the table.
Gran looked at her. "Lift your head up! That's not polite."
Dia yawned. "Sorry grandma. I'm not feeling so good."
Gran set down the plates and felt her head. "You're warm, Diana. Get some rest."
She sat up and started walking calmly up the stairs.
Gran looked at me and smiled. "How's school, honey? Making good grades as usual, I presume?"
I looked at her and nodded. "Yes, I aced my history test. Everything's fine and dandy."
She sat next to me and started eating.
I didn't eat as much, I tried losing some weight so the other kids at school would treat me with a little bit more respect.
Gran looked up from her food, and frowned. "Why aren't you eating?"
I shook my head. "I'm trying to lose weight."
She looked at me blankly. "What on Earth are you talking about? You're skinny as a stick!"
I looked down at me. I was skinny.
"Why were they calling me fat?"
Gran banged the table. "Who??"
Startled, I flashed black to reality. "Oh, um, no one Gran. Just my thoughts."
She stood up and hugged me. "You're not fat! In fact, you're unhealthily skinny."