Chapter 6

Maybe I was imagining things. Maybe this was all just a game, a game that would mean so much if I won. But I couldn't let myself believe it since this was my fate.

I started at the ceiling of my room as I laid in bed. The alarm had went of thirty minutes ago but I didn't have the will to get up and out of bed. My phone started ringing and after twenty seconds had passed, it started to vibrate non-stop.

"Skylar dear, don't to have to go to school today?" Grandma popped her head in and started at me with concern. "The boys are waiting outside."

I rolled out of bed and groaned, "Give me five minutes. I'll be down soon."
Grandma gave me a look before closing the door. Today was the last Friday of the month which meant no uniforms. I swung opened my closet and randomly started to throw on whatever I saw first: A black HBA tee, white shorts and my red converse shoes that the boys bought for me last Christmas. I grabbed my Rebook bag from the ground and made my way down.

"Why are you so late today?" JB grumbled as he started the car.

"I'm not in the mood Jaebum," I mumbled and leaned my head against Jackson's shoulder.

Mark stared at me with worry, "you have eyebags. Did you not sleep enough?"

Alarmed, Jackson leaned over and took a good look at my face. "He's right, did you stay up late yesterday? Were those guys after you at night?"

They started to spit out questions that seemed too fast for my brain to comprehend all of them. "Just shut uuuuuupppp!"

I wanted to bury myself in a hole or leap into someplace comfy and lay there for as long as eternity. I was so tired that I felt depleted and worn out.

Mark started to rummage through his bag in which he produced an apple and handed it to me, "you get grumpy without eating in the morning. It's not much but for the sake of everyone here, eat it before you go bananas on us."

I gave him a crooked smile, "thanks dimsum."

The ride to school was silent after that, with the occasional mini conversations that Yugyeom and Bambam had but that was it. When we arrived at school we all made our way to class with girls giving me the usual death glare. Jr. looked at me and slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Do you want to die?" I growled at him as the glares became more intense. A group of girls started to whisper as we walked by.

"It's fine, besides we're your friends. Those girls don't stand a chance against us," grinned Bambam and all I could do was sigh.

Why do I have such handsome friends?

It was the last period of the day and while all the boys were busy in class, I was on a spare, walking around the school yard. The sky was a peacock blue colour with the occasional clouds travelling across. I laid down under a large oak tree and gazed up, hoping time would pass by quickly. I wanted to go home early today but I promised the boys we'd go karaoking tonight.

The wind started to pick up and a loud rustle was heard. I opened an eye and looked around, noticing a shady figure behind another tree about ten feet away. Slowly, I sat up and picked up my things, walking away in order to get away from the guy but he started to follow. He was dressed in all black with tinted shades on his face. Trouble was written all over him. I picked up the pace into a light jog and the man started to sprint. He crawled onto me and I kicked him, flipping his figure over me. I clawed at his face and continued running. I could hear him grunting and as I made my way to the interception, three cars pulled up and blocked my way. I turned around, gave the man from before a nice round house kick and ran towards the science department. The cars started to follow in suit, driving over the perfectly trimmed grass.

Are they crazy?

I reached the entrance but I cursed at myself for being stupid. Damn, I don't have a card to get in. Turning my heels, I decided to run towards the arts building. The remaining students looked at me, confused on why there were three black cars following me.

I almost reached the building when I heard an engine being revved up and before I knew it, a car was darting towards me. I was thrown against the grass as I skidded passed the sidewalk, cutting my arms and creating holes in my jeans. My head banged against a metal pole and I started to lose consciousness.

The last thing I saw was one of the men walking up to me with a smirk.