Chapter 4

Lying on his bed, Yedam heard a gentle knock on his door. Groaning, he stood up and opened his door only to meet eyes with a nervous looking Doyoung smiling at him nervously.

“Why?” Doyoung raised his eyebrow at Yedam’s question. “I mean why are you so nervous suddenly?” Doyoung just chuckled nervously and said, “I have something to share with you and..I need your advice, hyung.” Yedam nodded and went to his bed.

Doyoung followed after and sat neatly on the side of the elder one’s bed.

Yedam held Doyoung’s shoulder and said, “Are you sure you’re okay? You are never really formal with me..” Doyoung just shook his head and Yedam lied back down again.

“So what do you want to share?” He asked breaking the silence. Seeing Doyoung still being silent, Yedam kept calm. He understood that Doyoung needed time to open up.

“Hyung..” Doyoung started as Yedam looked at him attentively, waiting for the younger’s words.

“Do you think it’s wrong to..to..” Doyoung kept stuttering. So the latter put gave a slight squeeze on his hand and assured him that it’s okay to say.

Doyoung took a deep breath and closed his eyes, “To like someone of your same gender.” He quickly said out in a small voice but it was enough for the older one to understand what he was trying to say.

“Wait do you like a boy??” Yedam asked after a while with a surprised expression.

Doyoung slightly nodded with a more nervous and scared expression this time. “Are you disgusted by me?” He asked in a small voice, looking down to his lap.

“What? Obviously not! What’s wrong in you liking a boy?” He chuckled while Doyoung looked at him with a quite relieved look. “So it’s not wrong?” He asked as Yedam shook his head, “As long as you can accept it and can love each other then..Why would that be wrong?”

Doyoung smiled in relief. Yedam laughed and said, “I thought maybe you would tell me that you are gonna leave the group.” He laughed again as Doyoung whined, “Ah hyung! You know I would never leave you guys!” Yedam just patted the taller one’s head and smiled cheekily.

“Now tell me who that lucky guy is.” Upon hearing that an nervous silence engulfed the room.

“Would that be you know awkward..If I say that it’s someone from our members?” Doyoung asked cautiously as Yedam’s eyes widened. “Is it Junkyu hyung??” He asked with a surprised expression.

Doyoung shook his head, “No..” He fidgeted with his finger while Yedam waited for him to say the name.

“It’s..Mashiho hyung..” He slowly said as Yedam giggled. Doyoung raised an eyebrow while the elder shook his head, “I never ever thought that it’d be Mashiho hyung!”

Doyoung awkwardly let out a laugh as Yedam stayed silent. “That’s probably not the only thing you want to share with me right?” He asked as Doyoung chuckled and nodded.

He stretched his hands a bit before lying down with his head on Yedam’s well-built arm. And Yedam can’t deny that his heart did skip a beat at Doyoung’s sudden action. “I think Mashiho hyung likes Junkyu hyung..” He slowly said with sadness evident in his voice. Yedam nodded in agreement, “I sometimes think of that too.”

“What should I do now hyung?” Doyoung asked suddenly changing his position to placing his chin on Yedam’s arm.

“I think..You should ask him about it first.” Yedam said logically. “But..” Doyoung stopped mid-sentence and fell silent. “Look if you just assume and then we take action then it won’t work out.” Doyoung nodded, slightly pouting.

“Just ask him about it and find out so that I can help you in this!” Doyoung’s eyes sparkled up. “You will help me?” He asked in a excited voice as Yedam chuckled. He patted Doyoung’s head and said, “You’re my little brother right? Then helping you is my duty as your older brother.” Doyoung smiled warmly and hugged his hyung tightly.

“Ah Doyoung-ah I can’t breathe!”

“Oh sorry hehe.”

“I should go and ask him about it then.” Doyoung said and stood up. Yedam pouted a bit, honestly he was having quite fun in Doyoung’s company.

“See you tomorrow hyung!” Doyoung cheerfully said as Yedam smiled and then the door was closed.

Yedam’s smiled faded the moment Doyoung exited his room. He sat on his bed with a gloomy feeling and looked at his ceiling.

"Why do you like someone other than me, Doyoung-ah?” He smiled sadly, “I should’ve taken action before..”

Honestly seeing his beloved one liking someone else broke Yedam’s heart. But what can he do now rather than giving effort to his beloved happiness? And that’s what he decided to do. After all, Doyoung’s happiness was more precious to him.

I swear things will start getting interesting later on-