𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

00.

"Kiss me, kiss me with your eyes closed

"Kiss me, kiss me with your eyes closed."

She sang desperately, voice cracking whilst caressing his face, drowning out the flat line that she heard so loudly in his room, panic settles in to the nurse that just entered the room.

She did not care, for her lover was and will not be there no more, not by her side, not anywhere.

"Why must it come to this?" She asked, tears streaming down her face, flushed. Emotions creating up a storm inside of her. Holding his ice cold hand, she gripped tighter than ever.

"I hope, I sincerely hoped you enjoyed the last 3 years, my love." She whispered, as the nurse comes back scurrying to detach her from him to assess his body, as a few others come rushing in to attend to him.

Helplessly and lifeless, she stood there. Eyes blank, everything happened like a blur, and she cannot hear clearly, stuck in her mind an image of him.

"Since i'm back, i'll always be with you."

You lied, how cruel of you to lie. How cruel of you to say always and then leave forever.

"Why must it come to this?" She repeats what she had said earlier, as if everything she had already accepted suddenly feeling denied, her being in denial succumbs more and more because of the flashes of memories going on through her head, of him and only him.

Everything felt heavy, her breaths, her merely standing, everything felt a ton more heavier than earlier, as if only now it's settling in that he's gone.

Gone.

She crashed down whilst thinking about him once more, how cruel of them to put a limit on him. Can she not extend the limit? Can she not trade with the devil for one more minute? Can she not...?

"Atleast," she hurled in tears trying to continue her speech yet her hiccups stop her, she pushes, "Atleast, you've loved, and lived those 3 years right?" She finished her sentence with a question once again, she cannot confirm it herself, but for her.

It was the best years she ever lived.

"Whisper that your heart shows."

song:
— Puppy Princess
by: Hot Freaks
0:51 — 0:59