Chapter 04

I hear our front door bang and hurried footsteps. My heart beat fastens, blood runs cold.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN!" Arran shouts.

I see Luke's face become even more confused and holds his hands in defence.

Arran looks up and sees me. I see him gritting his teeth and in a blink of an eye his  knuckle contact with Luke's jaw.
I scream in horror. It was like my feet were glued to the floor, making me watch the scene. But I quickly recover,  turn around and sprint downstairs out the door.

I push Arran away from Luke and just keep hugging him- my brother not luke- to calm him down. I feel myself cry.

I look up at Arran. I swear if he was a cartoon character,  I would see steam coming through his ears- he was that  mad. I hear mom coming out the door behind me.

"Arran what the actual hell is wrong with you!" She says with horror clearly in her voice.

Arran suddenly realises that I'm hugging him, he pushes me away and go inside, ignoring mom's question, once again  slamming the door.

I see Luke's state and just lost it.  My hands tremble and I felt more tears clouding my vision.

"Oh I'm so sorry Luke! Wait I'll bring the first aid kit." my mom says.

Then he looks up at me. I kneel next to him and hugged him. I couldn't bare it so I  started crying even more, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry,I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  My brother is a jerk! Aw Luke I'm sorry!" I started mumbling.

"Heyy... stop crying J. I'm okay. Arran must've had a reason for beating me."

"Yes a STUPID REASON!" I shout,  feeling really frustrated.

"Can y-you tell me what I did wrong?"

Him being clueless still makes me cry harder- if it's even possible- but at the same time makes me mad. Why can't he connect the dots? That kiss must've not meant a thing to him anyway..

I slowly loosen my arms around him while wiping my tears and look at him.

"M-my mom saw us kissing, they know.." I mumble to my palms which I brought to my face ,halfway while saying that sentence to hide my embarrassment and the blush creeping up my neck.

"Oh.." Luke traced off.

Just then mom comes out holding a white first aid box. She gets Luke to sit on the porch steps and starts to work on his wounds. Mom notices me looking at them, still sitting on the grass.

"Jennifer go inside." Mom says.

"But mom-" I begin to say but she cuts me off.

"I said, go inside." She says again with a warning tone.

I huff and started walking towards the door. I glance at Luke. He was already looking at me, with an unreadable face on. I look down because now it's no use. We will never be a thing. I had to start to move on..

What scares me the most is losing him. As a friend  more than just anything. I never dreamed of it. Who's going to hold my back at all times the way he did? I don't think any other person could replace his spot in my heart.

I go to my room, close the door  and look out the window. They were no longer sitting on the porch steps. In fact nobody was outside.

Funny.. has mom already finished her work with Luke's wounds? This quick?

I try not to think about it so much. Maybe she just sent him away without treating the wounds properly.

I close the window and draw the blinds. Sinking into my cozy bed, with a book in hand is just what I need to escape this world for a while.

~♡~

A/N: Hey people! Sorry for the delay to publish this chapter, was busy with exams.

Decided to post chapters every 4 days💖 so stay tuned for the next!

Comment your thoughts and mistakes (if any)