Chapter 02

Flashback continuing...

"Get in Jennifer" my mom hissed from the drivers seat.

She's really really pissed off. ..

I opened the car door to the passenger seat and got in, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"I really can't believe what you did Jennifer!  The fact that we trusted you and gave you enough freedom..." she trailed off. "You took it for granted."

I didn't dare look her way or speak a word.
She started the car and reversed it.

"You're still 13 GODDAMIT!" she shouted as I flinched at those words.

"Your brother and your sister didn't dare do it! Is it because we gave you too much freedom?  HUH?"

Now my throat began to hurt as I felt hot tears rising up.

She touched a topic were I felt really vulnerable. That , I was not enough  for them , that my siblings are so much better than me. I felt unwanted.

"I just don't know, Jennifer.."
Now I knew that my mom is disappointed than angry.

"I-I'm sorry mom" I finally said ignoring the pain in my throat that said I was trying so hard to keep my tears at bay.

She turned her head taking her eyes off of the road. I saw a layer of tears brimming in her eyes. Then  she sniffed and focused on the road again.

After that we both went silent, lost in our own train of thoughts.

I thought about our old fashioned family- why my mom is so mad, and soon my whole family- how they never gave permission to date until  you are 18. It seems so stupid when I think about it because we are living in a civilised world.

I thought about how my other family members will react. Well of course just like my mother.  It suddenly occurred to me that my eldest brother, Arran will be even more angry than my mom. He's this "overprotective brother" type which is kind of annoying. I really do respect him and thinking  about his anger issues and personality made me nervous to face him.

My thoughts were disturbed when my phone lit up signalling me that I got a new massage.

It was from Luke.

Are you serious Luke! ? NOW is not the time! I prayed that my mom won't see it. But seeing the unfortunate events that happened today,  it didn't go unnoticed by my mom.

"Oh no young lady, give me the phone" she said strictly. I hesitated a bit, but gave it to her  anyway.

I watched as my mom turned to the familiar street leading to our house. When she parked the car  I silently got out, wiping my fresh tears before my mom saw them.

When we entered the house, Dad was in the living room watching TV and I saw my second elder brother, Adrian rummaging through the refrigerator as usual looking for something to eat. I just don't know how he never gained weight as for how much he eats.

"Sup sis." Adrian said when he saw me.

I couldn't talk in my situation. So I smiled. Actually it became a grimace.