Chapter 11

A/N: It's finally here! The final chapter of Never Let You Go! It's time to say goodbye to Ash and Clayton :( I'm sorry if any of you don't like the ending or anything, I've tried my best to end this story in the best possible way. 

Aaaanyway, I'll start writing Dan and Ryan's story after this. So keep watching for an update guys ;)  

Oh and lastly, I don't dedicate this last chapter to a person specifically, but to all of you who faithfully reads this story. Thank you thank you thank you! I got more than 30 thousands reads and it is amazing! I never thought that there would be that much of people who are actually interested with my story. I love you guys! You are all awesome!

Ashton's POV'

"Is your friend not coming in, Ash?" 

"He won't. He's very shy." I snort inwardly. Dan is everything but shy. He would die in laughter if he heard me right now describing him as shy. 

I look around the Donahue Mansion as I follow Clayton's mom to the living room, awed by the luxury that the mansion offers. My parents are pretty wealthy themselves, and I grew up surrounded by expensive things. But the Donahue is in another level of rich. The first time Clayton brought me to his childhood home, my jaw dropped in amazement. I got uncomfortable when I stepped into the mansion for the first time. Even though my parents are rich, I don't really like the lifestyle of the rich. I learned the hard way that great amount of wealth usually comes with great amount of arrogance too. That's why I prefer befriending those who come from the middle class. Well, except for Dan. But he's a special case. He comes from a rich family too, thanks to his very successful brothers, but he never flaunts his wealth.  

Clayton's family turned out to be a very humble. They don't see their wealth as something that needs to be shown off. His mother, Isabel Donahue, is a very kind woman. She welcomed me with a warm hug the first time we met. His father, Gage, is a good man, if not a little bit too ambitious. Clayton's brother, Adam, is very different with him. He's friendly and funny. Overall, it seems that Clayton is the only family member who acts like a stuck-up jerk. A hot stuck-up jerk. 

"Why do you come here, Ash? Not that I don't like a surprise visit," Isabel asks me once we're seated in the living room.  

I'm fidgeting nervously before I blurt out the question that has been haunting me. "Who is Lily?" 

I cringe inwardly after those words come out of my mouth. Once again my non-existent mouth filter fails me. Isabel looks at me like a deer caught in the headlights.  

"Which Lily are you talking about?" she asks me carefully. Based from the reluctance that is clearly written in Isabel's face, I know that we're in a dangerous territory. It's clear that she really doesn't want to talk about this. 

"Clayton's Lily," I answer meekly, "I know that this might be a sensitive topic that we're talking about, and I understand if you don't want to talk about it. It's just that Clayton mentioned her name last night when we were... fighting. And she might be the root of our marriage problems all this time." 

Isabel looks surprised when I say the words fighting and marriage problem. Guess I'm not the only son who has been keeping our disastrous marriage as a secret. 

"Fighting? Marriage problems? Ashton, what are you talking about?" 

I take a deep breath before I tell her everything. The cold-shoulder that Clayton gives me, Clara, the avoiding game that we've been doing, me running away to my parents' home, and lastly the divorce that I ask him for. Isabel's face grows paler and paler as my story continues, until a sharp gasp escapes from her mouth when I mention the divorce part.