Pt. 2//the class

I begin my day with a lavender and ginger tea. Today is the first day of classes and I am eager with excitement.

I have just two classes today. First, Potions. Then, Care of Magical Creatures. I am excited for CMC, I have a natural gift for animals. It always bothered Ron & Neville how each of their animals were drawn to me. I've never experienced anything less pleasant than a gentle nibble from Scabbers which is surprising. Scabbers is notorious for his harsh encounters with others. It's not uncommon for Nevilles cat to find his way to my dormitory and claw at my door until I let him in.

My robes are stiff from not wearing them all summer yet I still happily place them over my head and under my long brown hair. Even under its bulky presence my hair lays right at my rib cage in silky dark locks.

The Gryffindor design on my robe appears bold and proud even though I was shocked to be placed there. I've always appeared to have more Ravenclaw type qualities. Intellect and creativity being the most prominent. But as a I was sorted the hat spoke of these unseen brave and bold qualities that align well with Gryffindor. Myself and others in the Gryffindor house still laugh about the sorting day, Harry is my only friend that swears by it's correct placement with me in Gryffindor. He always says, "you are just storing all of your courage and bravery for when you will need it most."

I throw on my favorite pair of black Doc Marten boots and head out the door with my books, eager to find which friends will be in my first class.

I walk down through the many corridors, past the great dining room and into the potions classroom. I am happy to see Slughorn as our professor because he is so witty and funny without knowing it.

Instantly I am pleased to see Luna Lovegood sitting next to an empty seat. She greets me with a warm hug and an odd smile.

"Hi Emerald DelaFleur. How has your summer holiday been if I may ask?"

I reply with a giggle, she always has a strange and distinct vocabulary. "Hi Luna Lovegood. Summer was okay, not so much a holiday for me. I am just happy to be back. How about you?"

She looks out the window dreamily. "Oh my summer was a dream! You know, just me and my dad. We went and picked magical mushrooms all summer. I saw stars in my drink when I ate them. It's like I ate all of the stars. I love the stars, and the mushrooms, you know?"

Luna was very unironically funny as well. Her personality was youthful and bright. "I don't know much about magical mushrooms," I reply. "However, I do know something about the stars and I am not so sure that they are safe to drink."

Luna gives a sing songy sigh. "Too bad about the mushrooms. I'll have to introduce you to my mushroom friends sometime! Maybe then you'll see how safe the stars are as well."

Professor Slughorn quickly puts an end to our conversation. He smiles widely. "Good morning Hogwarts students. Is everyone excited for the school year? And is everyone excited for the Triwizard Tournament!?" His voice booms joyously  across the classroom.

What is the Triwizard Tournament I wonder.

The rest of the room seems to know as they all gasp with excitement.

"You all must know? The competition of young wizards? But but but, you all mustn't get too excited. As their are age requirements and restrictions. Six years and up only to compete in these rather... dangerous competitions." Slughorn professes.

Luna looks at me wide eyed with curiosity. "You'd think that an institution like Hogwarts would want to keep their students safe. Not put them in danger... this concept seems... out of my comprehension."