Chapter 11 (Back to School Pt. 4)

The three walked into the school with Lucy waving goodbye to her brother and headed off to her class. Venus simply went to a wall with a layout of the building and studied it, not wanting to get lost while she was here. Lincoln walked up and looked at the map with her.

"Are you figuring something out?" Lincoln asked, unable to stop the alien from looking at the map extensively. "I know the school is big but I doubt you'll need to know where everything is."

"While yes, logically speaking it is unneeded, I am curious to know the workabouts of this building. It is very new to me and I desire to learn all of its secrets," Venus replied. "For one, why is this building so grand in size? Why are you here even when you could use your... Computer to learn whatever is here?"

"It's complicated but I'll tell you later. For now, I just need to head to my class and go through my day like it's nothing out of the ordinary. You do your thing, I'll do my thing and we head back to my home after this is all done. Does that sound good?"

Venus shrugged and gave a slight yet affirming nod to Lincoln. He gave a thumbs up and headed off with Venus continuing to study the map before deciding she had learned enough information and began to walk to where she needed to go to start her job at school. However, something was on her mind as she headed down the halls. Something regarding Lincoln.

"Hmm. It is unnecessary for me to be watched over like so. I can handle myself. Although, it's clear that he cares. Not in a way that makes it seem mandatory, but caring like I'm some sort of family member or friend which seems... Hm. It's odd to receive, but doesn't feel wrong or odd to me. Perhaps it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Perhaps nothing more."

With that, she headed down the hall and headed through a door leading into a small office, beginning her day at the school. She took a glance through the window and walked in, and set her eyes on the woman sitting at the desk, typing on her computer and talking on the phone. She was preoccupied so much that she didn't even notice Venus had entered the room which the goddess paid no mind to, it just gave her a chance to look around her surroundings for anything that caught her interest but to her disappointment, there was nothing.

"Hm. Might as well ask for information," Venus said to herself. She cleared her throat to get the attention of the woman by the desk but to no avail. Not wanting to waste any more time, she walked closer and tapped her on the head. While this startled the receptionist, it caught her attention as she found herself looking up at the tall purple haired woman, looking down upon her like an ant. "Hello. I'm here about the guard position you were offering?"

"G-Guard? Pos... Oh! Security and Hall Monitoring. You're the person who we hired?"

"That's what the website said. Although, it said something about an interview? What is that?"

"Oh don't worry about it! I have to admit that you're the only one who actually applied for the job so we are a little desperate about who we choose for it," she said. She typed in, looking for an I.D of sorts with the name Venus put down but couldn't find anything. "Uh ma'am? I can't find your identity anywhere."

"Right. I am suffering from amnesia. Or memory loss which has allowed me to be taken in by the Loud Family since they found me in the woods," Venus said. The secretary glanced at the woman with suspicion, taking out a small scanner out of her desk and used it on Venus's face, hoping to find a result from someone in the country but her search came up fruitless.

"Well it seems like you don't have any matches based on facial recognition which is... odd. You might as well just have popped into existence!"

"How odd indeed. But perhaps that could be addressed later? Having someone fill in the position is more helpful than having someone at all, correct?" Venus asked, getting a sigh out of the woman who agreed with her words.

"You are correct. I'll just tell my supervisor that it's helping you get back out there with your current condition. Since you don't recall anything, that means no experience for any future jobs you can get so let's say that this is a simple beginners job. Just walk around the school, make sure no students are in places they shouldn't be, and be a guard where any of the security robots can't reach. That sound easy?"

"As simple as can be."

The receptionist smiled and took Venus's picture once again, making a printer give out what seemed to be an I.D card with her face in it. She gave it to her which Venus put it in her pocket for safe keeping.

"Since I assume you don't know your first name, I just put you down as Venus Loud until you remember your real name. Does that sound fine?"

"It will do. Thank you for the assistance," Venus spoke, standing up and walking out of the room and began her job by patrolling the hallways which now had more kids walking around to head to their class.

Meanwhile, Lincoln was walking around the hallways, ready to get to his class and start the day with hopefully nothing going wrong. But just right when he was about to enter the room, he was stopped by another teacher, his homeroom teacher in fact.

"Why hello Lincoln. I see you arrived for your monthly return here?"

"Uh... Yeah. Have I done something wrong?" Lincoln asked, which the teacher simply shook his head.

"No no. But things will be a little more simple today. Since you've shown a great job on keeping up with your stuff, you won't even need to stay a whole day! Just head over to the principal's office to talk with her and take a few tests," she said. Lincoln silently nodded and headed back down the hell and headed into an elevator, pressing the F1 button to take him back down to the first floor.

"Well I guess it's a nice change of pace. I hope nothing bad comes out of this. I know things have been difficult since that fight but I've done my best to avoid anything like it. Although knowing Chandler, he might have started a rumor to make me look bad. Again," Lincoln spoke to himself.

The elevator opened which allowed him to walk out into the now empty floor. Most of the students were on the other floors. He looked around, walking down one of the other hallways and stopped right at a door simply labeled "Principal's Office". The Loud opened the door and walked in.

"Hi Lincoln. Mind if you take a seat?"

"H-Hey Mrs. Johnson. I hope this isn't serious or anything," Lincoln replied with a slightly nervous tone. 

(A/N: A new chapter? Yep! Sorry it's been so damn long. I had a lazy summer. But hopefully I'll update more often now. Hope you liked it!)