03 : Things Are Not Always How They Seem

Calysta's POV

I was running late to the dress shopping meeting with Veronica. I felt bad, but she would have to understand. Work was work. Nothing came before that, or else you would die. That's how it would be for the rest of my life.

I was currently down in the cellar, obtaining information from one of my hostages. Straddling the chair, I sat down. The prisoner was seated in a chair as well, except he was chained and roped to the chair to prevent escape. I stared at him, looking straight into his eyes and seeing his pain and misery. 

"Who is he?" I asked, in an orderly forceful tone of voice. "Or else I will just have to continue.." I said, as I took the knife again and started gliding it over his skin, making some thin cuts.

The guy had already told me where this guy was most likely headed, but didn't tell me exactly. However, that tid bit of information had cost him - there were three stab wounds in his thighs, and two deep gashes on his arms where I had stabbed him there as well. I was beginning to have few places left to stab . There were always other methods as well that I could use.... 

Suddenly, I heard someone come down, and walk through the halls to the room I was in. There were other guards in here, making sure that I didn't get hurt and the hostages didn't escape. It wasn't a guard, since I knew that all were here. So who the hell was bothering me during my session? Most people, even ones with half a brain, would know not to come down here when I was busy.

"Miss, Mr. DeGarda is here for you. He will not leave." one of the other guards said, tentatively. They know how pissed I would get when disturbed. I smiled at him, making him calmer. 

"Don't worry, you are fine. Tell Mr. DeGarda I will be there in a few minutes. I am busy" I said, and then turned back to the guy.

A few minutes later, I heard stomping, and groaned.

"Calysta, we need to go." Alessandro said, slowing down as he realized what I was doing. I glared at him, with an eyebrow raised.

"Alessandro, I am going to put this nicely. I am going to rip your eyes out in two seconds if you don't get upstairs in two secodns and let me finish my work" I said, staring him down. He nodded, and went upstairs, like a scared little boy. I sighed, adn turned back to the guy.

"I will be back. For now, I will let you wait, but worse will come afterwards." I said, grinning evily, and went upstairs, making sure to be slightly sexy as I walk out, because that just makes it ten times worse supposedly - or so my guards say when they observed.

"Alessandro DeGarda, who in the fucking right state of mind gave you permission to come downstairs when I am busy?! I told youI would be there in two damnit seconds. Are you such a spoiled damn brat that everyone has to drop everything to succumb to your wishes?! I was in the middle of something extremely important and now that may be jeopardized. You are a first class, motherfucking idiot. I thought this marriage might be okay, knowing that you are in the mafia too and that you would understand my job, but clearly not. I will make your life a living hell." I yelled at him, when I came up the stairs, slammed the door, and then proceeded to walk over to him while he was in the den waiting. 

He looked postively scared. Good. 

"I'm sorry I had no idea..." he tried to state.

"I don't give a shit you had no idea. When I say I'm busy, I'm busy. Do not come finding me" I said, turning around and walking up the stairs towards my office.

"Oh, and by the way, all we need for this marriage to work is a contract, so that's all we're getting. You tell your sister that you are the one that fucked up the idea of having a nice wedding and all because there is no way i am going to be having a wedding wiht you when I can't even stand being within a few feet of you." I stated, turning around only for a moment, and then continued walking to my office.

If there could be steam blowing out of my ears, there would be. That fucking idiot could potentially cost us.  There was not enough bullets I would be shooting at him right now for what could have been done.

Alessandro's POV

"hello?" my sister replied on the phone. I was calling her as I drove back to the house. 

"She's not coming. She's not going to be going to a wedding, any wedding with me. She just wants to have a contract. She can't even stand to look at me right now." I said, angrily. I was hurt. I actually was. I was beginning to like her. I was already extremely attracted to her, who wouldn't be, but now I liked her more than looks.

"What the bloody hell did you do?" my sister said furiously on the phone.

"she was doing important business, like the kind dad would shoot me in the leg for if I ever disturbed him, and I disturbed her." I said, regretfully.

"YOU STUPID BASTARD. I am sorry Alessandro, but you are such an idiot." She rambled angrily. 

"I know, I know. So we're just going to get a contract" I said, sighing defeatedly.

"hell no you are not. If you want kids or any type of relationship with her, which I know you do, you are going to be a sappy boy and I dont care if you are not actually in love with her yet, you are going to act like you are and win her over. You are going to go the extra 20 billion miles to get her back, no matter the cost." Veronica ordered me, and I sighed. 

"I will talk about this more when I get home" I said, and hung up the phone. I was furious at myself, and the fact that I may not really even gain her affection ever now, was making me depressed.