chapter 14

"Will you kiss me,"

She was chest to chest with me, her warm breath brushing against me and I snapped.

I wrapped a hand around the back of her neck and pulled up, her lips hitting mine with a soft smack. Our lips moved together frantically, us both trying to win dominance, before she gave up and I slipped my tongue into her mouth.

I felt her surprised gasp and kissed her harder, the back of her dressed bunched up in my other fist. Her hands fumbled around my back and up my shirt, they were cold against my over heated skin and I moaned.

I pulled away before we could go to far, both of us panting and leaning our forehead against the others.

"Thank you," she rasped

"My pleasure," I chuckled

She giggled and slipped out of my arms, dancing to the chair and grabbing her cloak.

"I shall see you tomorrow," she winked and walked out the door

What a woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was up before the sun was, the thought of the kiss still in my head. I haven't felt this way since my wife and even though I was happy, I was also terrified. Bad luck seemed to plague the Goode family, so why all the sudden did I have good luck. My good luck in the forum of Y/N Feir.

"Solomon," Thomas slurred yelled from my front door

"Yes Thomas," I asked opening my door

He stumbled in, smelling of alcohol and tabco. Yellow teeth smirked at me and his eyes narrowed at me slightly.

"I seen a certain miss Feir last night," he sang

"Y/N," I nodded

"No, it was Sarah. She was kissin the pastor's daughter," he bellowed with a laugh

"No one will believe the town drunk," I snapped at him

"They already have,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the town, noticing  all the townsfolk whispering amongst themselves, looking towards the Feir house.

I knocked of the door and Y/N opened it, her eyes red and tear tracks down her face. Without a word, she let me in and as she shut the door, I wrapped her in my arms, her head against my chest.

"Everyone is whispering," she cried

"I went outside and someone said my family is dammed," she cried harder

"You're not dammed," I told her gently

She shook her head against my chest and buried it deeper. Sarah came down the stairs, her eyes pleading for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," she whispered

Y/N turned from my chest and faced her sister, my hands resting on her shoulders for comfort.

"I've always known you were different Sarah, we were both raised like boys, but being the oldest, I tried to guide you, as a mother. I know I'm not her, I understand. But is this my fault," she asked Sarah

"Is it even true," she asked when Sarah didn't answer

Sarah's silence was enough, Y/N slumped in defeat, before holding her head high, grabbing her cloak and walking towards the door.

"I need to be alone," she slammed the door behind her

The silence was deafening, Sarah and I standing alone in the house.