Chapter Eight: Dine

TW: Eating Disorder.

Editor: I feel so bad for kids when their parents are the reason they get an eating disorder. Let's all work on having a healthy relationship with food!

--

The lunch that Qian Mo prepared was very rich, taking into account Meng En's gastrointestinal problems, the taste was lighter, and there were more vegetarian dishes.

The nanny Liu put eight dishes on the table: Cold chicken shreds, shiitake mushrooms, spring bamboo shoots, boned seaweed soup, shredded cabbage... then brought the rice cooker out.   

Aunt Liu is a relative of Qian Mo's mother's family. When Qian Mo and her husband came to S City to start a business, she followed Qian Mo. Aunt Liu brought up Han Chongyuan for a long time and didn't see many outsiders around him. After placing the rice cooker on the small table next to the restaurant, she looked at Meng En distressedly: "This child is really skinny, so I should make up for it. Auntie will cook soup for you tonight. Come, serve yourself some rice; I want you to eat as much as you want."

Qian Mo doesn't like waste, so she doesn't like people serving others. The family members are used to helping themselves according to their appetite.

Meng En was initially cautious but relaxed from Aunt Liu's caring gaze. He quickly filled his bowl with rice.

"Don't grab so much!" Han Chongyuan frowned and shouted. Meng En has a bad habit: he either eats a lot of food or eats very little. In his previous life, he forced Meng En to learn to eat balanced.

Meng En quickly dialed it back. He wanted to eat two full bowls of rice, but... it seems that it would be overeating.

"Xiao Yuan, what are you doing?" Qian Mo was speechless again.

Aunt Liu comforted Meng En and quickly filled Meng En's bowl: "Xiao Meng, leave him alone and eat more."  

"No need." Meng En quickly refused.

Han Chongyuan yelled, "Don't you hurry to eat!"

Meng En sat down obediently like an enslaved wife in the old society. Seeing this, Han Chongyuan was satisfied and used his chopsticks to give him a large amount of shredded chicken and some other healthy dishes. Meng En's bowl was piled high, and then Han Chongyuan slowly put a large bowl of seaweed soup in front of him: "Eat all of these!"

Meng En looked at his rice bowl filled with vegetables, and his eyes suddenly became sour-in his memory, no one had ever piled up vegetables for him.

When he was a child, his mother used to go out to look for his dad and would forget to cook for him. Even if she did, she would complain the whole time he ate, saying he was a picky eater and so on. In the end, he didn't dare to pick up food.

All she thought about was Meng Jianjin, so how could she like her son who disliked his father.

Later, he learned how to cook, which was better, but his mother got a job by that time, and he often had to eat alone.

Although Han Chongyuan was a little fierce today, he was still a good man.

Qian Mo wanted to joke that her son would not chase people and do bad things with good intentions, which would be annoying, but when she turned around, she saw Meng En with a moved facial expression, the corners of her mouth twitched slightly.

Han Chongyuan noticed his mother's expression and was a little uncomfortable: "Hurry up and eat too! You... After eating, go to the hospital for a good checkup." He was tough in the first half of the sentence but softened in the second half. Qian Mo had found breast cancer a year from now in his previous life. As a result, the operation failed to save her life. In this life, he will avoid this no matter what.

"I know that... Aunt Liu will accompany me later. At school, there is still Meng En's business. And find your own assistant." Qian Mo smiled. Her career is now at its peak; she doesn't want to die at all.

"I know." Han Chongyuan replied.  

Aunt Liu and Qian Mo ate their food, Han Chongyuan also ate his bowl of rice, but his eyes couldn't help but drift towards Meng En. Seeing that the vegetables in Meng En's bowl were missing, he immediately made up for it. In the end, there was no rice in Meng En's bowl, only vegetables.

"After eating these dishes, it's almost enough to drink the soup." Han Chongyuan said. After speaking, he took his only big bite. He didn't know why but he felt that Aunt Liu's food was not very delicious. Unfortunately, Meng En's hand was hurt; he couldn't force Meng En to cook.

Not only can't Meng En cook, but he also can't even ask Meng En to massage himself... In his previous life, Meng En would give him massages; but he couldn't feel it; now he finally feels sensation in his legs, he really wants to try it.

Meng En kept his head down, so he didn't notice Han Chongyuan's eyes that could be called excessive, but soon, he ate all the dishes in his bowl.

Although he had a big appetite, he only ate vegetables and drank soup, but he felt his stomach was comfortable now.

"You follow me to the room." Han Chongyuan spoke to Meng En and went upstairs with him.

Han Chongyuan's room was very large, with a balcony and bathroom. Meng En had used the bathroom before. This time, Han Chongyuan dragged the person to the balcony, then looked through his bookcase for a while, and chose a book for him: "I have something to do; you read first."

Meng En obediently looked at the "Count of Monte Cristo" that Han Chongyuan had given him while Han Chongyuan called his mother's assistant Qi An'an.

Although Qi An'an is a female, she has always been wise and strong. In his previous life, Han Chongyuan was able to take over Huayuan. She contributed a lot, so Han Chongyuan had a good attitude towards her.

Of course, his so-called attitude right now is just a little better.  

"I have discussed with Meng Jianjin, and I plan to tell Ms. Li Shuyun that Meng En must participate in late self-study. The teacher will find Meng Jianjin, and Meng Jianjin will help him pay for the accommodation. What do you think?" Qi An'an asked.

Meng En didn't live on campus and didn't participate in late self-study. The headteacher was always dissatisfied. He had already approached Meng En's mother before, but it was a pity that Meng En's mother could not pay for the accommodation and living expenses.

"Okay, just say that!" Han Chongyuan agreed.  

"It's decided. What should I do about Meng En's schooling? There are many rumors about him in the school now, and it is no longer suitable for him to continue going to this school."

"I'll talk about this later; you first check the affairs of Meng En's house," Han Chongyuan said. Another thing came to his mind, "By the way, help me find Meng En's diary." He only saw a few pages of his diary, and he didn't know what Meng En wrote in the other entries.

Han Chongyuan said a few words and hung up the phone. Then went to the balcony and stared at Meng En reading the book. After a while, he stepped forward and grabbed the book out of his hand: "It's been half an hour since eating; it's time you come sleep with me!"

"Ah?" Meng En was stunned, sleeping with Han Chongyuan?