And then... Ariel's Mom, The Sea Witch

The sea called to them begging them to return home.

"No! I'm not going back!" She shouted. "I'm sorry that you didn't want me to leave Mom, but you're the one who gave me legs! If you didn't want me to come, then you shouldn't have given them to me!" Ariel couldn't deal with her mother.

If you don't know, which you probably do, Ariel's mother was a sea-witch, Triton's sister. Despite the laws of the sea, the young mermaid has had an inexplicable fascination with what's above the cerulean waves. After years of begging her mother, she finally talked her into giving her human legs. 

Unfortunately, her mother is too overprotective! She has only been on the surface for an hour, and her mother is already calling her back.

"Ariel! Do not use that kind of tone with me! Do you hear me, young lady?" Her mom said, emerging from the water.

"Yes, Mom." She rolled her eyes.

"So, do you know what you have to do?"

"Yeah, yeah, have the prince fall in love with me within the next three days, blah, blah." She said annoyed.

"And if you don't?"

"I'll be grounded for the next three years, I know."

"Well, all magic comes at a price, doesn't it!"

"Alright, now, just let me go try to get this prince to fall in love with me!" She says. "Go, you're going to scare him off!"

"Oh, ok, sorry! Meet me here every night at five, or at least send a message! Tell me all about him! Be nice! Be safe! Remember, I love you! Have fun!" She said sinking into the ocean.

Ariel made a not-so-nice gesture at the ocean.

"Woah, who's that for?" The prince laughed.

She blushed. Well, that's one way to meet your future husband...