Chapter 2

"Ah,Cordelia! We were expecting you." Miss Mariella spoke with a British accent, well, I think that was her. "I am Miss Mariella!" My suspicions were confirmed.

"Come sit down!"

I sat down at the edge of the long wooden stool, just as prickly and cold as the floor. It was not what I had expected. Everything was pink, pink curtains, pink pans, even pink toilets. This was a pink lady.

"Come meet the girls!"

Miss Mariella pointed at a girl with brown hair. I looked pretty out of place in the group of girls because I had red hair and chocolate brown skin. And not just the normal ginger sort of hair, the dark, dark, DARK red kind of colour. Most of them had dark hair like brown and black or blonde.

But that GIRL THOUGH. She was startlingly pretty and blue eyes as deep blue as the ocean. Her hair was caramel brown, and did I mention that she was pretty? She smiled at me, I smiled back.

"This is Lucie," Miss Mariella introduced.

"Hi,' Lucie whispered when Miss Mariella looked away.

'Hi, call me Coco, not Cordelia."

WHAT WAS I DOING?!

Already making stupid introductions before i even knew her?! I instantly regretted those dumb words. Lucie smiled still. I sighed a breath of relief. Rule of Anna: always make a good impression. I think I lived with Anna for too long.

"Okay, sleep time girls! Up the stairs and into your bed! Cordelia, you are in bed 12." Miss Mariella clapped her hands. I nodded blandly.

Lucie led me up the stairs. She threw me a pair of pink pajamas. I looked at her plainly.

"Miss Mariella's special- self knitted pajamas. Not my fault." Lucie grinned. She put some blankets under my bed and her's to shape a body.

"I made it look like we are in bed. Anyways, come with me."