Chapter 5

I was confused, a really confused feeling. 2041? Had I travelled 20 years into the future?

"I may have been misleading about my age," Lucie said shamefully, biting her nails. "You see, I was born in 1886. I think. I'm a time traveller. Edwardian London may be where I was born, but my brother and I have been raised by my mother and father since."

"You've got parents?"

'Yeah. I was sent to 2021 for a mission. Discover how YOUR parents have died."

"Hold on, what? You will make my head explode soon."

"Cordelia— Daisy— your parents didn't die in a crash or anything. They were hit by heartbreak syndrome."

"What? No, Lucie, you are lying. Anna has always told me the truth—"

"Because she didn't know. She didn't know how they died. So they made a story up for her. She believed it."

"Who's they?"

We had arrived at a great place, it looked like a church. There was a big sign saying: SYNDROME ACADEMY.

"Welcome to Syndrome Academy," Lucie said gleefully. "Just meet my father."

Lucie's father was Will and her mother was Tessa. Tessa greeted me with a smile and Will joked with me.

They were really nice. Will, who was busy as principal, scuttled off to work. Tessa explained they stopped severe syndromes from spreading and destroying the future of Earth. She also told me that Lucie had to choose a friend to enroll,and she chose me. I was glad and Tessa told Lucie to show me my dorm room.