Chapter 2

Charmers pov

Crowds of people were gathering around the two of us, chattering with each other and placing bets on who would win - most of which were on the pink haired mage-. I pushed a couple strands of hair behind my ear and heaved a sigh. This would be annoying but hopefully it wouldn't last too long. Someone yelled out for the fight to start and the fire mage lunched forward. Listening to all the sounds from his movements and the plans in his head, I stepped out of his attack, fire just brushing near my hair where my face had been previously. He skidded across the ground, looking around frantically. Now that I properly looked at him, even for being dead for 7 years, he was still muscular. From the sound of his mind I could tell he was putting most if not all of his strength into the fight. I wouldn't survive more than 10 hits. Maybe even 5. My best bet was to avoid his attacks until he tired himself out and slowly chip away at is defences with my own magic or scratch him with my claws. He lunged at me again, fire igniting around his head while he yelled out the name of his attack. I jumped to the side, steadying my slide with one hand against the ground so I wouldn't topple over. I pushed myself up. He went in for another attack that I dodged. One thing I did notice was he left himself open to attacks when he missed since he wasn't protecting the more vulnerable parts of his body. I clipped the gloves of my sleeve so I could pull off one hand, scales currently blending in with my skin while the claws glinted when the sun hit them. The fire mage went in for another attack. This time I didn't dodge since I needed to get close enough to strike. His attack hit me in the shoulder, flames burning my clothes. However I was able to sink my claws into the softness of his belly. They had gone quite far in with how I could feel the blood bubbling at the tips of my fingers. I pulled my claws back, bringing small trails of blood with it while he stumbled back, looking down at the five punctures in his stomach. He started complaining loudly which was horribly grating on my ears. It would have been fine but then the crowd around us started to pick up in volume. My ears were really hurting now. I tried to block them out and focus on the voice of the pink haired mage but they seemed to be even louder than he was. It could be the sheer number of people yelling and their inner thoughts screaming along with it that was the issue but it was too much noise. I blinked once, vision a little blurry while a slight thud was developing in my head. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. A blow to the stomach sent pain running through my body. I rolled back, using my hands to stop my movement. Dirt dug under my claws, leaving them ichy. I pushed myself up, pain radiating from my stomach. It would most definetly bruise from the way the pain was radiating heat that was different from the fire my opponent was using. I needed to concentrate if I wanted to avoid any further injuries. Except that the pounding was getting progressively worse the longer I stood there. My vision was dark and blurry, all I could make out were the shadows of people. It's too loud. I reached up to cover my ears. Another attack landed, this time on my chest and the distinct crack that echoed through my own body felt like a drill to the head. I slid back. I could hear more noise. Was that laughing? I think there was yelling. Shit I'm loosing. If I don't get up then I'll be punished. I pushed myself up, breathing heavy and painful as it pushed against the possibly several broken ribs. I tried to focus on my surroundings but it was still just shadows. I thought I could see large smirks and disgusted snears. My stomach did a flip and bile rose up in my throat. I dipped down, promptly emptying my stomach of the remains of what had been in my house from my dinner - which had been around 2 that morning since I had been working the night prior-. My legs were shaking from the exertion and they buckled which left me on the ground. The pounding was worse, leaving my ears ringing and my gaze spinning. I could vaguely hear someone calling out to me before the voice was a lot closer but I couldn't understand what they were saying. My body was deciding that it didn't want to continue working and was starting to shut down on me. I vaguely recall thudding coming towards me but I couldn't register enough in my mind before passing out to figure out who it might be.