ch.14 : sorrow

chapter contains : strong language , slight cold sweat nightmare , making out , ¿ptsd? , crying , subtle mentions of death.
!unedited!

i sighed as i sat down at the kitchen island , setting down a cup of orange juice in front of me. "fuck." i ran my hands down my face. i took a sip of my orange juice and repeatedly tapped my fingers on the island. the entire living room and kitchen was a bit dark , with the moonlight beaming through the living room curtains. i looked around the somewhat lit up kitchen and furrowed my eyebrows together wondering about all the different ways i could've helped jeremy. as i was about to take another sip of my orange juice i heard a knock at the front door.

i narrowed my eyes at the clock on the oven and questioned why someone would be knocking at my apartment door at almost 5 in the morning. i lightly groaned as i got up from the stool , walking up to the front door. i looked through the peephole and didn't see anyone , i rolled my eyes thinking it was some ding dong ditcher. i started walking back to the stool but before i could sit back down there was another knock.

i sucked my teeth and decided to just get this stupid shit over with so these kids can get what they want. a reaction. i walked back to the door and waited for another knock. once i heard it , i swung the door open and my mouth instantly hung ajar. it was jeremy. he had the same outfit he had on the last time i spoke to him. but this time he had a big hole at the side of his head with blood dripping down the sides of his face ..

• • •

"fuck!" i flinched out of my sleep , panting "what the fuck?" i whispered as my chest rose and fell. i tried looking through the darkness of me and tory's bedroom but i couldn't even see any light beaming in through our curtains. i sighed and rubbed my eyes before pulling the blankets off of my body. i got up from the bed and wiped off the sweat that was dripping down my face. i walked down into the kitchen and grabbed myself a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

i leaned against the island as i took a long sip from my water. i tightened the cap on the bottle and threw my head back in frustration. "monty?" i heard tory from behind me causing me to slightly jump.

"jesus , fuck , tory." i said , startled.

"sorry , babe." she lightly chuckled and walked around the island to face me. "you still thinking about jeremy?" she asked as she grabbed one of my hands to hold it.

"yeah." i sighed as nodded. "i just can't get that look on his face out of my head." i furrowed my eyebrows upward. "he looked so tired , and exhausted. i should've known something was up with him." i removed my hand from tory's to pinch the bridge of my nose in an attempt to stop my tears.

"look at me , monty." tory whispered as she brought both of her hands to my face. i looked up to see her eyebrows furrowed upward. "everything's gonna be fine." she rubbed her thumbs back and forth against my cheeks. "it's gonna be hard at first , okay? me and you both know that." she retorted. "but i promise you we're gonna get through this , together." she pecked my lips. "i love you." she pecked my lips once more before removing her hands from my face.

"i love you too , tory." i went in to kiss her. "so fucking much." i set down my water bottle as i gave her another kiss. i brought my hands to the back of her thighs and picked her up , causing her to wrap her legs around my waist. i turned the both of us around and brought us over to the living room , laying her down on the couch to continue our make out session. "just wanna take care of you." i said in between kisses as i hovered over her.