10

The three left the hotel and got into a car.

Almost instantly, Mitch said, "Hurley, what the fuck? I thought you were eyes on. Why didn't you spot 'em?"

"They were already in the damn hotel," Hurley shot back. "Local mafia's working with 'em."

They pulled into a dark, secluded area. As Annika got out of the car, she said, "I'll tell Kennedy we have the physicist."

Mitch was more than a little angry, both due to what had happened with their attackers and Heidi getting hurt.

Hurley opened the trunk as Mitch said, "What the hell just happened out there, huh? That's twice now this guy's blown up our entire op."

Hurley ripped the tape from the physicists mouth and asked, "What's the target? Huh? What's the target?"

"I don't remember," the physicist answered in a shaky voice.

"Yeah, you do. Huh?"

Hurley poured gasoline on the man as Mitch said, "He's an American. He said your name. Did you train this guy?"

"Do you like to smoke?" Hurley asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, Jesus Christ!" Mitch groaned, stepping back.

Heidi pursed her lips. "Hurley, we don't have time for this. We need answers." She sucked in a sharp breath at the searing pain in her nose.

Hurley ignored her and held the cigarette near the physicist. "Are you a smoker?"

"I don't..." the man began.

"Wait. Bad habit."

The physicist shut his eyes. "Wait, stop! Wait, wait! I know something."

"What do you know?"

"I know something. There is a man... There is a man they call Ghost. Ghost. I think it was an Iranian man said it."

"Uh-huh. Where are they building the bomb?"

"I just..."

"Where are they building it?"

"Took the money."

"Where are they building it? All right, here." He placed the cigarette in the physicist's mouth. "Take some time to think about it." He closed the trunk.

"Ghost. Is that his name?" Mitch questioned. "Why is this guy after you? Something personal, sir?"

"They're building a nuke."

Heidi followed the men as she said, "At the Hotel Navona. Hurley?"

Hurley gave Mitch the keys and looked at the couple. "Cleans yourselves up."

They faintly heard the physicist say from the trunk, "Wait. Don't go."

Mitch pulled out a napkin and began cleaning the blood from Heidi's nose, which had mostly dried.

Heidi winced at his touch and Mitch frowned before saying, "I'm barely touching your nose. Does it hurt that bad?"

The blonde nodded slowly. "Yeah."

Mitch gently touched the bridge of her nose again, causing her to let out a hiss of pain, and he studied it before saying, "You got a broken nose, Heidz. I'm gonna reset it, okay?"

"Okay."

He positioned his hands in the proper position and shifted her nose back into place, causing her to let out a small gasp as she gripped his shirt.

Mitch stroked her cheeks and smiled. "That's my girl." He wiped away what mucus and blood remained with the napkin.

"Thank you," Heidi said softly.

He kissed her forehead. "Anytime, baby. Let's go find our room, huh?"

Heidi nodded. "Let's go."