Chapter 8

"Nyd anak"

Felt the other side of the bed deepened and a strong arm around her.

"Anak 2 weeks kanang hindi pumapasok, marami ka ng na miss sa school."

2 weeks ng malaman ni Nyd na bunga sila ng rape ng nanay nila. Sulking is what she always do. Her mind is blank, her heart is empty she don't feel anything, she's dead.

"Bakit mo pa ako tinatawag na anak? We're not blood related." Alzarene said lowly she's stopping herself from sobbing again.

Usher's hug tighten around Nyd and kiss her temple "Oo hindi tayo blood related pero anak you'll always be my baby"

Usher bit his lip from to stop himself from crying, "you'll always be my baby who called me Daddy first."

"You're always be my bully and not so supportive baby"

"You're my baby who taught me how to love unconditionally and what it feels like to have a daughter."

Nyd can't stop but cry harder "D-daddy im sorry"

"It's fine anak I understand you, its not the blood matters but the bond we have anak," Usher kiss the hair of Nyd" always remember daddy will always love you, protect you, support you, and I will always help you back up again when everything starts to fall down".

Usher caress the hair of Nyd until he heard her snore. "Sleep tight anak I know masakit lahat ng ito but remember you'll surpass this pain, you're a fighter bata palang kayo fighter kana, daddy's shoulder is here for you to cry on."

Usher stared at her sleeping figure, and stared at her sadly.

Sana bata nalang kayo ulit para laruan o di kaya may sugat kayo sa katawan niyo sa kakalaro para yun ang dahilan ng pagiyak niyo, I can give the things you wanted o heal the wounds Im sorry I can't take the pain away.

Usher cried silently while hugging her suffering daughter. Im sorry anak daddy can't take the pain away.

Nyd woke up and she saw her digital clock 10:30 a.m. . She has 2 hours to prepare for school.

Bumaba si Nyd at nakita niya ang lolo niya nakatingin sa malaking portrait ng mommy niya. Tumingin si Don Laz sa kanya and he motioned at her to stand next to his side.

"Carbon copy ka talaga ng mommy mo, not just physically but also mentally. So strong,fierce and stubborn."

Nyd stares at her grandpa she saw the admiration of his grandpa to her mother.

"I'll go to school today lolo" and she saw her grandpa smiled "Good apo, its time for you to grow up well and turn into a fine lady."

--Cafeteria--

Thronus just sigh as he listened to Vadon's question for a 100th time.

"Bro anyari kay Nyd? 2 weeks na siya hindi nagaattend ng school"

"For the 100 time Vadon she's sick and she needs space"

Half true half lie. He saw Vadon's eyes widen "Space? From whom? May boyfriend ba siya dito?"

He saw anger and jealousy on Vadon's eyes which made him raise his eyebrow. Nakita niya rin si Cadmus na nakatingin sa kanya well he seems interested.

"Sabi niya she need to take a break from you pangit mo daw nakaka sira ka ng mood"

"Pfft"

"Ako?! Nakakasira ng mood? Sinabi niya yan? Di kaya ako nakaka sira ng mood"