Chapter 8: science partner.

Authors note; this chapter is back in Katie's point of view.

It was the next day and since Nathan came back from trying to find Sam he has been quite distant and lost in thought. I wonder what's on his mind. Anyways it's another day at school. Thank god we leave in five months time. I don't know how much more school I can handle. First lesson was science, sadly Nathan wasn't in my class. "I guess I'll catch you later" Nathan said still looking lost in thought. "Yeah" I said bluntly with a weak smile. I was starting to worry about him, Nathan doesn't act like this for no reason. Before I could give him a peck on the cheek, he turned away to make his way to class. What was up with him? I sighed and started to make my way to my own class. Great! Trust Sam to stop me in my tracks. I really didn't need this right now. I thought I had got rid of him last night. "I just wanted to say that your boyfriend needs to back off. Otherwise I will get my own back through you and we all know it wont be pretty" he threatened. So Nathan did find Sam last night. Why did he lie to me?

"Didn't you learn your lesson from last night?" I asked trying to reflex his smirk. "Laugh all you want now but soon you'll be mine" he smirked back. Before I could argue back he's lips crashed into mine. Straight away I push him away. He needed to be told better than that though. So I raised my hand and gave him a full on slap around the face. I would have never dreamed of doing that in the past. I was too scared too but now, now I'm not going to be a push over. Same grabbed the side of his face that I slapped. He looked into my eyes laughing. Why was he laughing? What was so funny? "You turn me on when you're aggressive. Wish you were like that in the past, would have been more fun" he pulled the biggest smirk he could pull. Seriously does he always have to smirk! I hate it so much when he does. I started to feel uncomfortable. Even though I'm trying to look strong inside I always felt on edge around Sam. I cut my eyes at him and walked into class. Trying not to show that he was getting to me. I sat down at the back of science lab. I was the only one that didn't have a science partner as everyone thinks I'm a freak. I hate it when people follow the crowd.

I noticed there was a new girl standing at the front of the class. She look nervous. To be honest so would I standing in front of these jerks. I don't understand why people were moving school at this time, we only had five months left. I wish Sam hadn't moved back here. I rolled my eyes at the thought of him. "Ok everyone, I would like you to give a warm welcome to Claudia" everyone smiled back at her. This school was so socially awkward. Mrs green turned to talk to Claudia direct but I couldn't work out what she was saying. Claudia smiled and nodded then started to make her way towards the spare seat next to me. Looks like I have a science partner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sorry about the short chapter you'll get to know Claudia a bit more in the next chapter :)