12❤️

It was almost midnight. Only one more hour left for him to contemplate going or not.

Xie Zhi understood that if he didn't go, he would be going against an imperial order. Defying the future empress's order was punishable by abolishment.

Unlike other realms, Empresses have the same power as the Emperors. To be called an Empress, you have to be married to the Emperor and rule the realm.

There were some exceptions, of course, if a sole monarch was a female, she would be by right an Empress whether she was wed or not.

Even if someone married the Emperor, they would be presented with the title of Heavenly Noble Consort and would be only in charge of the Imperial harem.

But in the case of an Empress, it doesn't matter if the emperor took a harem or not. The noble consort would be in charge of it and the Empress herself could have her harem.

In Wei Wuxian's case, he was made crown prince and the future empress because he was a fertile man by birth and he made the cut for a righteous monarch. If another noble doesn't take the place as the future Emperor, then Wei Wuxian would be the sole Empress.

Xie Zhi could vividly remember the face of the crown prince. It was hard to forget such an unforgettable face.

Wei Wuxian was the future empress and he was his destined bodyguard.

So, he figured that he should go and see what he's going to deal with. Xie Zhi refused to call anyone master since he is of noble birth and even the royal imperial couple couldn't easily disrespect him for no reason.

Agreeing with himself, Xie Zhi named at birth, Fang Zhi would never be a servant to anyone. Not even the possible next monarch.

There were only thirty minutes left till the said timing. He hastily wore an intricately designed outer robe and slid the hood over his head. He then hurriedly wore a dark-dyed mask to hide his violet eyes to avoid drawing attention to himself.

He took a deep breath, everything was going to be fine. Whatever his highness wants to discuss would turn out good. He wouldn't dare touch a single strand of his hair. He was Fang Zhi, the only son of the prime minister.  'A̶n̶d̶ W̶e̶i̶ W̶u̶x̶i̶a̶n̶ w̶a̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ E̶m̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶.' the voice inside his head answered but he pushed it away.

He then teleported to the private quarters of the crown prince. Feeling a bit shameful that if someone saw the future empress which was to marry the future Emperor (If there was one), then being seen with an unmarried noble seemed quite scandalous.

Feeling himself arrived in front of the residence of the prince, he opened his eyes to see a magnificent pavilion lighted in the moonlight. It was quite deserving for someone like Wei Wuxian. Decorated with pure jade and blooming roses that were maintained tediously by skilled gardeners. The building materials were also made with opulent black marble that glittered in the glimpse of moonlight.

He quickly looked around to see if anyone was there. 'No servants? His highness probably considered any risks and asked servants to retire for the night' he thought.

"Your grace, glad to see you show up" an all-too-familiar voice was suddenly heard.

Fang Zhi scrambled to take off his mask and turned around to see Wei Wuxian in the moonlight, dressed appropriately in simpler yet still luxurious attire.

His head held high, his smile beautiful but eyes imposing.

Even though Fang Zhi was almost two heads taller than Wei Wuxian, he felt like a tiny bug stuck at his foot.