πέντε

TW: Panic attack, mention of rape and abuse

Work is rewarding. It sucks, obviously but forgetting about your problems and spending all day trying to solve a companies problems is an amazing coping mechanism.

Wilbur is still at my house, or at least he should be. I feel like I should try to be a good friend to him, maybe that's why I wanted him to stay. Or maybe it's a test, a way to find some reason to kick him out of my life forever.

It's thoughts like those that I like to avoid with lots of work. As my workday comes to an end though I know I have to go home and see him.

I wonder what he's doing. Maybe he's still asleep, or watching tv, listening to music, cooking, in the shower, or maybe he went home. Thinking about what he's doing right now motivates me to head home. Maybe he is distracting me from my work a bit.

I ponder if it's good or bad if I work a little less while doing my routine of leaving the office. The walk home is boring but nice to collect thoughts during.

I quietly unlock my door and sneak into the home. It's very quiet but I hear a muffled sound coming from my room when walking that way I saw the door was opened. Wilbur was in my bed, listening to some quiet music, and looking comfortable as hell.

At first, I didnt want to ruin this scene in front of me, but I also didnt want to creepily stare at him forever so I stepped in. Then I quickly got to my bed at jumped on it right beside Wilbur.

"What the-" He yelled before he saw me, he put his hand on his chest and let out a breath, "Oh thank lord, Alex you scared me half to death"

"That was my intention~" I sang, referencing another amazing workaholic.

"Of course it was you jerk" He playfully rolled his eyes. Then he did something I would have never expected of him. Why did he do this? I have no idea. He reached up and grabbed my beanie off my head.

No. Not okay. He knows what he's doing. He's just like him. Oh god I know that's not true, right? I need my beanie for a reason, and Wilbur knows I need it. He's just like him. I trusted him too. What a mistake. What a mistake. No, it's just an accident. That's what you thought the first time schlatt hit you too. Wilbur's different. But isn't everyone till they prove themselves not to be.

"Hey hey, Alex?" Wilbur said handing me my beanie. He looked worried. I just grabbed it and put it on my head, still holding the sides and pulling them down over my ears.

I hate being like this. I hate feeling so weak. I hate how this is my- "Hey, Can I hug you?" Wilbur broke me out of my thoughts, a big should be fine, as long as he doesn't touch my hair. I slowly nodded keeping my eyes on the floor. He wrapped his arms around me, encasing my entire body because my knees were on my chest.

We stayed like that for a while, after a few minutes I had contained myself enough to wipe my eyes, which had filled with tears. "I'm sorry about that" I break the silence.

"Don't worry about that, I should have asked you to grab your beanie it was silly of me to think you wore it all the time for no reason. Are you feeling any better?" Wilbur asked.

"Yeah," I moved out of his hug sitting in front of him now like we were two preteen girls at a sleepover. I sighed, "I wear my beanie to hide my hair, not because it makes me self-conscious or anything. I do it because of Schlatt," I looked back up at Wilbur to see how he was processing information. His face reeked of pity. His eyes were glossy and he looked super worried.

"You don't have to tell me more if you don't want to, but ill listen if you do." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"I want to tell you," I held his hand back, "He used to pull my hair to control me, he found out that I have a weak scalp I guess" I chuckled it was nice to make a joke with such a serious moment.

He just squeezed my hand again, "He was pulling my hair to overpower me, which shouldn't have been too hard he was so much bigger than me already." I paused, "He would do things like make me give him head and-" I stopped. Cringing at how calm I was about this all. I hate it so much I hate being about to say that like it was normal but I was my normal back then.

"I'm so sorry, I'm glad you are out of that situation, what could help you feel better right now?" He asked, I guess he didn't want me to feel uncomfortable anymore. Why the heck is he so kind?

"I'm not sure, could we do something super distracting so I don't have to think about it all anymore" I gave him a soft smile that he returned.

"Amazing" He stood up and waved his hands motioning me to follow him.

Wilbur better not break my heart now, he knows way too much. I think to myself, following him out of the room.

Word count: 1024