Into the forest

After being caught by Fang Xin and Fu Yao, Hua Cheng and Xie Lian did not continue as they were supposed to go on a hunt together. (P.S this is not following the book events, it's something I created)

---

"Fuck this." Fu Yao commented as they walked, "Can't believe what I just saw." This was continuously heard for the entire trip until they have finally arrived at a village.

The streets was empty, not a soul to be seen. However the windows were all open as the villages watched these 4 young handsome man walking.

"That's odd." Nan Fang commented after trying to talk to the villages to got shunned.

"Indeed." Xie Lian replied. The village was filled with talisman all around, on the doors, walls and even the floor. Xie Lian bend over wanting to pick one up when Hua Cheng immediately pulled him up.

"Gege, don't go around touching random things."

Fu Yao clicked his tongue as he looked at Hua Cheng holding Xie Lian.

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He observed the talisman and realized that they were all infected with evil energy, despite it written to prevent evil.

"San Lang eyes are sure sharp." Xie Lian commented.

"Evil is his forte. Of course he will realize it." Fu Yao snapped back

Hua Cheng did not reply and continued, "All the talisman are infected."

Xie Lian looked around and soon realize the reason why the villages all stayed at home. The moment they exit their houses, the immerse amount of evil energy would've taken their souls. This must've meant that they have not left the home since they found out about this.

"We have to remove all the talisman here and find the origin of the evil energy." Xie Lian commented, "Nan Feng, Fu Yao, the both of you will try to remove the talisman or destroy them. San Lang and I would go and look for the origin."

"Huh?! I am not leaving you alone with that thing after th..." Fu Yao turned red as he tried to finish the sentence, "anyways, you are not to be alone."

"But it is necessary for us to split up, the talisman might be causing the origin to be stronger." Xie Lian explained.

"Then I will follow you." Fu Yao replied.

"And leave Nan Feng to do this alone?" Xie Lian asked.

"That can stay with Nan Feng." Fu Yao pointed at Hua Cheng.

"Don't be ridiculous." Nan Feng snapped back, "Why not you stay and I follow Dian Xia".

"Why would I want to stay with that," Fu Yao fought, "I am trying to protect Dian Xia now".

"I can also protect Dian Xia," Nan Feng resisted, "You can stay."

They continued bickering for a while, Xie Lian watched them and didn't know if he should laugh or cry.

"Gege will be with me." Hua Cheng commented while he took hold of Xie Lian and rushed away.

"Hey!" Fu Yao was about to give chase but is stopped by Nan Feng.

"Let's clear the talisman."

"..."

---

Hua Cheng carried Xie Lian as he ran away from the other two, with one hand supporting the back and the other by the knee.

"Sa.. San Lang." Xie Lian called out as they run past the village, arriving in the forest nearby. Hua Cheng stopped near a well and place Xie Lian down in front of a tree. "San Lang... Why did you bring me here?" Xie Lian stood in between Hua Cheng and the tree, with the situation being pretty similar to earlier. Xie Lian begin to turn red as the memories started floating back to him.