Chapter 32 : Cruel Fate

Jisoo's POV

"I got a couple of t-shirts and a beanie," I said, keeping them beside the coffee table.

"I got a bucket hat, a jacket and some t-shirts," Hongjoong said.

We both sat down beside each other and he took out the materials we'd need to customize the things we got. He took out clothing dyes of different colours, some acrylic paints, colour markers, etc.

"You prepared all of this?" I said, scanning the items that rested on the coffee table.

"Hm. Shall we start?" I quickly nodded.

Then he taught me how to use dyes and suggested some designs to do on the jacket.

After spending two hours, we're almost done with our work. It was my first time to customize things so I was a little worried about the outcome, but overall I enjoyed doing it.

Sometimes imperfections are also good, isn't it?

"It'll look good if you do it like this," he said. "Done!"

He handed me the beanie on which he drew different flower designs. I scanned the beanie which was a simple white one before, but turned into a fashionable one with the designs on it.

 I scanned the beanie which was a simple white one before, but turned into a fashionable one with the designs on it

"It's really pretty! I'll wear it every time

"It's really pretty! I'll wear it every time." He just chuckled.

I kept the beanie along with the customized jacket on the couch. Hongjoong was busy arranging the materials we used when a mischievous idea came to my mind.

I sneakily picked up a paint brush and with just one stroke, I painted his nose tip blue.

"Yah, what are you doing?" he said.

I just laughed. "You look so cute right now."

"Come here! Let me paint your nose too."

He too picked up a brush, but I was fast enough to run away from him. We ran around the whole house, our giggles filling the atmosphere.

"Just wait there!"

"Catch me if you can!"

I stuck out my tongue and quickly ran to my room. I put my arms in defence mode and waited for him to enter through the door.

The smile which I had soon faded away when he didn't come inside the room. I peeped from the door frame, but couldn't see him. So I went to the living room only to find out that he wasn't there too.

The house got unusually quiet as I looked around. All the things were in their own respective places, but no sign of him was felt.

I was almost in the verge of tears when I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist from the back.

"I caught you!" Hongjoong giggled.

Closing my eyes, I sighed internally. I was relieved that it wasn't what I feared to happen. I didn't react so he let go of me and made me turn to face him.

"Did I do something wrong?"

He got even more confused when I suddenly hugged him. "Don't ever scare me like this." I closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears. "I'll really kill you if you do this again!"

"Mianhae..." He caressed my head, hugging me back. "I won't do it again."

I hugged him tightly as if he would leave me if I let go of him.

It's a relief...

***

Hongjoong's POV

The time I spent with Jisoo were the most beautiful moments of my life which I had only dreamt of. I thought I finally got the happiness I deserved, but little did I know that a cruel fate was waiting for me right at the doorstep.

I dusted off my hands after disposing the trash and was about to walk away when someone blocked my way. I looked up to see the familiar white-clad giant standing right in front of me.

"It seems like you're enjoying here a lot, Kim Hongjoong," he said in a husky voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who are you? And how do you know me?"

"I'm sure you remember our first meeting at the tunnel."

How does he know that? It was a dream...

"That's right, it was a dream," he said as if he could read my mind. "But I purposely went into your dream to meet you."

"Who the heck are you?!" I clenched my fist.

Although his whole face was covered, I could feel him smirk. "I'm the cruel fate that you had never dreamt of."

Those words were enough to send shivers down my spine. And a lot of questions started to revolve around my mind about this person.

"Hongjoong hyung!" I turned back to see Jongho, my co-worker, standing near the back door. "Hurry up, we have a lot of orders from the customers."

When Jongho went inside, I turned back to face the white-clad giant. But he was nowhere to be seen as if he just disappeared into thin air.

Was I daydreaming?...If not, then I need to stay away from this person. I have a bad feeling about him.

To be continued...