Chapter four - Pools of Memories

~~~ 

I haven't updated in forever because I lost the plot, forgot about, and am trying to finish my uni course before I have to go to back to high school. 

This hasn't been proofread but you get it anyways. Yay :D 

~~~

Alice and Sherlock travelled across the dirt paths on rusted bikes.

The sun painted blurs of light across the navy blue shoulder of their school uniforms.

Navy blue fabric scratching across their skin with every movement.

Trees lined the path. Shadows spread across their rosy cheeks before they joined the warmth again.

White flowers fell as a gentle breeze whistled through the tree branches. The leaves rustled as the winds brushed past.

It could have been a painting.

Two young students escaping school on their bikes, white flowers decorating the horizon.

Petals drifted down, some being caught in Alice's dark hair. Strands of it fell against her forehead and tickled her eyelashes.

The trees faded into a hill covered in dandelions. Shadows no longer trapped them from the sky.

Where the hills flattened out, horses grazed. A sturdy fence kept them from leaving. One was black, the other white. Their tails twitching.

All the land was rolling hills.

It was as though the earth was reaching to touch the sky. White clouds with pink undersides floated through the sweet blue skies.

Alice pedalled faster. Her hair flew behind her, the white flowers untangling themselves. They flew in the coloured winds behind her.

Stone walls and homes covered in flowers become a blur of grey, blue and yellow.

She pulled sharply on the brakes and the bike skidded to a stop. It was as surprising as Sherlock, who had to walk back a few steps.

Her feet brushed against the ground. The bike leaned, following her weight as she hoped off.

The bike clanged as it fell beside an old wooden fence near Sherlocks.

"Where are we?" Sherlock picking at pieces of the wood.

"Abandoned property. My brother showed it to me a few years back."

In a quick two stepped motion, they both jumped over to the other side.

A stream ran by their feet. It sang in an unknown language. Water dashing over pebbles with great speed.

Alice touched her fingers into the waters. It coiled around her fingertips like snakes.

Sherlock peered curiously over her shoulder.

A smile flashed across her face for a brief moment.

Cupping some of the water in her hand she splashed in the boy's face. His expression morphed from confusion to a sense of happiness.

He came closer to the water and splashed a wave in her direction. Water soaked through their school uniforms.

His black curls were soaked and stuck to his forehead. She could only assume that hers looked the same.

Droplets leaped towards the sky.

Alice took a step back. Her foot was fully submerged in the stream. The pebbles formed an underwater crater around her shoe.

Fish were scared away by the sudden commotion and found a safer place further upstream.

Sherlock stood in the water soon enough. Miniature waves circled around his ankles. Water sprayed the edge of his brown pants.

She stumbled backwards. Her knees were nearly submerged.

With one large splash, she tumbled backwards. The seafloor dipped down and she was eaten by the waves.

The current was strong under the calm mask that it wore. A force of great strength that she had never felt before.

Her eyelids struggled to stay open. Her heart pounded in her chest. The water was freezing against her skin.

Black hair threatened to strangle her. Her own hair wrapped around her neck.

One of her shoes was ripped off her foot.

Had many others fallen for the same trap? The water looked so friendly, only to tear her apart once she trusted it.

"Alice!" She heard her name being called from above the water.

Was it her friend or a spirit there to welcome her?

If she accepted her own death she would see her brother again. One question burned bright in her mind.

It was a candle being lit outside a window during a dark storm.

Am I ready to die?