IV: First encounter

"As a plant enthusiast, one of the most exciting experiences to look forward to post-pandemic would be to travel all over the world and see gorgeous gardens."

*°•○●○•°*

"Hey Sandykit?"
"Hm?"
"Who do you want for a mentor?"
"Hmmmm...I'd like Lakestar."
"Lakestar? Fat chance!'
"Hey it could happen!"
"Tch."
"I don't know. I just want someone kind and respectable I guess..."

~●○•°•○●~

Sandykit snapped out of her memory. Cats were beginning to surround the rock, all chattering.
Pouncekit smiled at Sandykit. "Well hope you enjoy your apprenticeship!" He purred. "I hope I become an apprentice soon!" Adderburr snorted. "You'll become an apprentice when you aren't such a loud-mouth."
"Ah mama! That's no fair! Boo! Boo!"
"Oh be quiet you!"
Adderbur lightly smacked Pouncekit on his small ginger head which made Fennelkit snicker.

Adderburr then bent down and gave Sandykit and her siblings a gentle smile. She smelled a lot like lavender, a scent that Sandykit particularly liked. Addeburr opened her mouth to speak, "This will be a new part in life for you. Hope you carry it out with compassion and honour." She straightened back up. "Now go on, don't keep the leader waiting!"

Sandykit nodded and bounded towards the clearing, Fennelkit and Weaselkit at her side. Lakestar was perch on the Whitestone. As Sandykit and her siblings sat down next to each other, another cat came bounding their way. "Sandykit!" Webkit called out as she reached her. Sandykit dipped her head in greeting as Webkit sat down next to her, so close that their pelts were touching. Sandykit's eyes looked back up at the rock.

Spotting them all sitting together, Lakestar started to speak, "Cats of Moonclan, today four cats will be starting a new chapter in their life . I hope that going forward, they strive to be the best they can be and live their lives as honourable members of our clan."

Sandykit felt a tremor run up her back. Not because she was scared but because she was super excited! She had always talked to Fennelkit and Weaselkit about them exploring the outside together, hunting prey and training together. This was the moment that everything was going to change - and for the better really.

Lakestar continued, "Today Webkit, Sandykit, Fennelkit and Weaselkit are becoming apprentices today."

Sandykit could feel ants crawling through her fur as every cat turned to look at them. She tried to look away but then accidentally made eye contact with Nightthistle, who was sitting at the bottom of the rock. She quickly looked back to the leader.

"Webkit, you are now six moons old and it it time for you to begin your training. You will now be known as Webpaw. Your mentor will be Blackmist."

Webpaw and Blackmist looked at each other.

"Blackmist, you have trained two apprentices before. I hope that your experience is enough to shape Webpaw into a model warrior."

Blackmist nodded. The clan started to cheer for Webpaw as she went over to Blackmist and touched noses with him.

As Webpaw sat back down Lakestar softly smiled. She opened her mouth to speak,
"Sandykit-"
Time seemed to slow down.
"-you have reached the age of six moons and it is time for you to begin your apprenticeship."
This is it.
"You will now be known as Sandypaw."
The moment she's been waiting for.
"Your mentor will be..."
Here it comes! Here it comes! Here it comes!
"...Drizzlewhisker."

Sandykit- no Sandypaw went blank for a second.
Drizzle....whisker? Surely she didn't mean...

She looked over to her new mentor. His intense amber eyes bore into her soul. She froze on the spot. S-scary...