The Devil Comes Here and Sighs

Episode-18

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Freya was in one of the studies upstairs sketching a rough draft of a spell in an empty grimoire. However, she stopped when she heard footsteps pacing back and forth behind her.

Freya sighed in annoyance, "You're hovering."

Nikole continued to pace anxiously, "I'm supervising. How else to speed up your endeavors? Let's see. Perhaps I should bring Vincent here? Force him to aid you by removing his legs?"

The witch rolled her eyes, "Vincent doesn't know how to kill Lucien, either. Besides, if he leaves the St. James, who knows what the Ancestors will make him do next?"

Just then, Elijah breezed into the room and joined them, "The Ancestors are thoroughly occupied, according to Davina, terrorizing our brother."

Nikole rolled her eyes and exclaimed sarcastically, "What a surprise! Another day, another witch-inspired vendetta."

Elijah sighed tiredly, "Well, Davina can take care of Kol for now. Let us focus our energies on Lucien. How do we demolish that rodent?"

Freya sighed as she answered, "I'm working on it."

The hybrid nodded and smiled tightly, "Yes! While we all have our roles to play, Elijah can stay here and oversee whatever Freya is doing. I'm going to actually accomplish something." She turned around and started to walk out the door.

Elijah looked at his sister uneasily, "Sister, accomplishing something--"

Nikole, losing her temper, snapped angrily, "The time for talking is done!" visibly frustrated, she walked out the door without another word.

CAMI'S APARTMENT

The Nola Music Days festival was happening in the French Quarter as Nikole, looking pale and tired, made her way to Cami's apartment, where she was reading The Art of War by Sun Zu.

When she arrived, she opened the door to walk in but was unable to pass over the threshold. She looked up and spoke, "It appears I'm unable to enter."

Cami stood to her feet and walked toward the door in surprise, "So is every other vampire. I put the lease in my neighbor's name, compelled her to forget. I can go get her and have her invite you in--"

The hybrid interrupted her quickly, "No. You were wise to take precautions. No one should be invited in, even me. I only came to see that you were safe."

There was a moment of silence as the two looked at each other. Nikole, feeling uncomfortable and awkward, turned to leave when the younger woman stopped her hesitantly, "Nikole? I haven't had the chance to tell you how sorry I am... about Finn. Losing a sibling is awful."

The hybrid, even more uncomfortable and grieving about Finn, smiled weakly, "Yes. Well, I'll find solace when Lucien is dead."

The vampire questioned tersely, "And what about Aurora?"

The small smile on her face faded.

Cami frowned at her, "By now, she could be just as powerful and if you still harbor feelings for her..."

The hybrid quickly cuts her off, she shook her head and spoke firmly, "I don't care about Aurora. I care about you. But then, you've made your feelings perfectly clear." Upset, she turned and walked away, leaving the guilty vampire behind.

NOLA MUSIC DAYS FESTIVAL / ALLEY

Nikole walked around the festival with a heavy heart, a huge crowd was drinking, dancing, and eating fair food like cotton candy.