tres

on the following morning, i wasn't really excited for anything. i would have to see felix in school as we had some classes together. and i probably would have to tell hyunjin everything that happened yesterday, which would remind me and make me feel even more guilty. and there was also mina, who had been trying to get my attention by literally doing anything that got me annoyed.

the air was fresh, almost as if time since yesterday hadn't passed by at all. i entered the school building. the hallways were unusually empty and dusty and the temperature seemed to go down rapidly. wanting to head to my classroom, my eyes catched something. i noticed a shadow in the shape of a human being at the end of the dark hallway. i was walking towards it.

it was a young boy. his back facing my way. what was he doing here, in this position? it better not be some of my friends jokes, trying to scare the living shit out of me. slowly he turned around. the closer i came, the more visible his face became so did the voice of him. my brother. "it's all your fault. only yours. yours! yours! yours!" i wanted to make him stop screaming so i covered my ears with my hands, but instead of disappearing, his voice became louder and louder til my head was ringing. then it suddenly stopped and everything around me became quiet.

i looked up, seeing felix standing where my brother had stood seconds ago. his face was covered in tears. they were streaming down all over his cheeks. "you hurt me. i won't forgive you. i will never!" as he was screaming at me, my heart began to sink. "i'm sorry!" i shouted back at him "so sorry!", but he just wouldn't hear my apologies. then felix face morphed into my face. i stood in front of myself. the other me went up to me with a knife, stabbing me and stabbing me again. "i will never forgive you!" and then everything went black.

"...chan. chan!" minho woke me up from my nightmare, shaking my shoulders. "you didn't come to school today. i was worried so i came over. your mom told me i would find you here, seems like you have catched a cold"

"oh", was all i could say before i started coughing. "but it's fine, i don't feel that ill"

"you sure? you look paler than mina's makeup. like you really don't look good at all."

he ended up spending the entire evening and night with me, playing video games and fighting over who could play as mario.

saturday morning, we woke up late in the evening, having stayed up all night. i was feeling way better already.
"holy shit, can't believe we slept in that much," minho groaned and grabbed his aching head. i chuckled. "how about we grab a cup of coffee? around the corner is this new bakery that's supposed to have amazing sweets and drinks." "yea, i'm down."

we quickly left, as i closed the front door i looked up to minho. "by the way, how's it going with your new best friend?" "new best friend?" he gave me a confused look, reminding me of a lost kitten. "y'know.. jae- jisung?" "oh, him!" he said excitedly, then abruptly dedicating his look the dirty floor next to his worn out sneakers. "we hung out yesterday and he's really funny.. but not that he replaced you! not at all. he's just a normal friend to me."
"mhm."

no, i wasn't mad at him or jisung, knowing someday it would end anyways. i should have been aware of this from the beginning on to not get hurt so much.

eventually everyone in our friend group would leave to go their own ways, no matter how close we all are at the moment. not always have i had this pessimistic mindset but having reached the end of my teen years i have experienced ended friendships often enough. that's just the way life worked, people like things until they don't; find new interests, leading to them growing apart even from their closest ones. and that's when it's time to say goodbye and let new people help you grow.

"here we are," minho pulled me out of my thoughts, making me realize we stood right in front of a mint green wooden building, on top of the entrance was fixed a huge painted placard, "susie's sweets" written on it in a cursive font.

we entered it with a small "ring", the little bell hitting the door, and the overwhelming smell of warm berry muffins, vanilla cake and cinnamon rolls welcomed us, inviting us to take a bite. a short boy stood behind the counter, giving us a smile even sweeter than all the pastries around him. "welcome! what do the gentlemen want today?" and that's when i realized who this boy in front of me was.