Chapter Twenty: Fluff Could Kill

The sun was still hidden underneath the horizon when Hikaru's eyes fluttered open, revealing his dark, glittering orbs. His mind was still floating within his dream world, as if it was refusing to return to the real world. After spending some time blinking his eyes and stretching his stiff limbs, the messy haired boy directed his head to his left. On the floor, lied three young men who was still drifting in their own dreams, looking the most peaceful Hikaru had seen them.

He remembered last night, they were fighting among themselves on who should sleep on the bed with Hikaru. After Hikaru refused to let any of them in because his bed was only could fit one person, those three chose to fight for the spot closest to Hikaru's bed. Hikaru did considered chasing them out of his room for a moment, but he swallowed the thought.

In the end, Reese won the spot. Hikaru didn't realized how they settled that. What he remembered was Reese triumph shouts and Hyde and Noon's discouraged slumps. It was funny any way.

A giggle escaped Hikaru's small lips when he recalled last night's event. He took a glance at those three who was snuggling close to each other. A jealous pout formed on his lips. He slowly got out of his bed as to not wake them up and carefully snuck between Hyde and Noon, cramming himself inside the little space between those two.

Reacting to Hikaru's movements and scent, Hyde and Noon twitched a little. The light sleeper Noon opened his eyes slightly and brushed his tail on Hikaru's leg affectionately. The fluffy tail felt ticklish on Hikaru's porcelain skin, earning a giggle from the boy.

"Good morning~" whispered Hikaru while nuzzling his face on Noon's chest. A bittersweet cappuccino scent permeated the air around them and it made Hikaru felt calm. It was weird, really. Hikaru was not really a fan of coffee and the smell, but Noon's smell had become his favourite.

"Morning..." replied Noon with a lower voice than usual. That particular voice sent shivers to Hikaru's skin. His cheeks tinted in light red. Hikaru drew his face closer to Noon to hide his blushing face.

"Don't you have to go to work today?" Hikaru asked Noon with his entire face still glued to Noon's upper body.

The ends of Noon's oval lips raised when he looked at Hikaru's cute behaviour. He knew that Hikaru had let his guard down around them a little, and that made him content. Noon brushed his slender and bony fingers through Hikaru dark locks and inhaled the soft scent that came from Hikaru.

"I was forced to take a break for three days by Zac and Lyle, although it mostly Zac who was doing the nagging part," explained Noon.

Hikaru squinted his eyes in suspicion and slowly asked, "And why was that?"

Noon knew that Hikaru would ask that. He also knew that if he answer the question, Hikaru would scold him. If he didn't, Hikaru would persistently ask him again and again. So, what choice did he had?

"...well..."

"Uh huh..."

"They found me kissing the floor yesterday and..."

Hikaru gasped. "You fainted again?!"

"I- I swear that I was not! I was just... sleeping!"

If this was a cartoon, Noon would be sweating buckets by now. And if this was an anime, he would be a chibi character at this moment with Hikaru as a frightening oni. (Oni= Japanese demon. Kind of.)

"It happened all the time, nothing to worry about..." Noon tried to reason with Hikaru with his hand busily rubbing Hikaru's chest, trying to calm the young man's anger.

"I should worry because it happened all the time! Seriously! What kind of a doctor who was too stubborn to take care of himself properly?" Hikaru pouted and smashed his forehead on Noon's chest. Noon groaned in pain.