Chapter 22

"So, since you are married now, when will I be able to hold my grandchild?" My mother sheepishly told me, as she came closer to me and whispered to me," don't use protection so I can get a grandchild."

My mother was too much to handle. She did not see me as her precious little daughter; apparently, she saw me as her future grandchild holder – A ROBOT! No, I may be exaggerating, but I did not give her a damn. Instead, I gave her my infamous roll with the eye as I stepped away from her and left. She was too much, and I just knew it because that was her.

It was soon 520, meaning it was almost Valentine's Day – the Chinese Valentine's Day, and I had been too busy lately that I had not been in contact with my husband. We had been living under the same roof but in entirely different rooms. Sometimes, I heard the front door open in the middle of the night, but I did not care too much to ask nor wake up. I knew it was Junkai, but I did not care. Our marriage was, after all, a contracted marriage, so it was not real. I had to remember that there never exists a happy ending. It was only in fairy tales and not in real life.

One day, I received a call from a stranger, who told me to fetch my husband. He graduated from university, so he had been trying to find a job lately, but I believe he had received too much pressure since he got himself drunk, and worst of all – it was at a bar.

I drove to the bar in the middle of the night and got that drunk man – called my lovely husband –

home and helped him in bed. He was too heavy for me to take alone, so we stumbled a lot on the way to the bedroom. I almost dropped him, but in the end, I made it. I was too tired just by looking at him that I did not know what to do. I placed him in bed and went outside for a walk.

I walked to the nearby park, where I sat down on the bench and sighed at everything that had happened since we got married. We had been through a lot, but it was not something I envied. Before I got married to him, before I got the chance to talk to him, I always dreamt of how it would be to marry my crush. But now that I was married to him. I kind of regret my decision.

"Why are you out here this late?" A voice called out beside me. I did not look, but I knew who it was.

"I am just chilling. I am too tired of everything that has been going on." I silently said the last part. I did not want anyone to know my feelings. Not even him.

"What do you mean?" He asked me. I knew from his question that he heard my words, so I sighed and told him about our marriage. He knew me better than Yuan, and I trusted him too, so I told him what had been bothering me lately.

"Give it a chance, Y/n. I know everything will be better." He told me while he laid his hands on top of mine to ensure everything would be better. I nodded, and he continued, "Otherwise, you always have me... and us." Lastly, he added before he bid goodbye and left.

I took in his words and went home to a drunk man. He was probably asleep; I assumed to myself as I walked with heavy steps. When I got home, I was welcomed with a sight that was too much to handle. He was walking around in his nightshirt and nothing but socks...

I was not lying when I said he did not have anything on! I was too shocked at first, but then I yelled out loud, "Yah!!!"

Due to my yell, he dropped the glass he was using. Luckily, it was a plastic cup, but water sprayed everywhere, so I went with heavy and mad steps. I was too angry to handle everything with this man, and I did not understand how Qian Xi could tell me everything would be better when it was getting worse... everything was getting out of control!

I was too mad to handle everything. But out of nowhere, Junkai slipped in the water and made me fall on top of him. I was angry, but when he kissed me, I kind of forgot why I was mad at first. He was too resistible. Our kiss eventually led to more, and when I woke up the following day, I saw my mother had called.

I took the phone and called her back to know that we had a come together today. The gathering consisted of my family, his family, and our friends. It was nothing big, but it was supposed to be a relaxing time for me, though I do not know what I feel anymore. I was between being mad and in love. Maybe that is what you call madly in love?

We got ready to leave for the gathering, where I drove the car, as Junkai was still a slight hangover from last night. We did not talk on the way to my parent's house. It was all silent that I felt embarrassed and shy after what happened last night. When we arrived, I was bombed with questions of how I felt being married and about my private life. I did not answer them but just nodded my head, as I could not tell them, 'I had sex with Junkai last night!'

My mother did not care about my embarrassment as she looked at me and whispered, "I know what you guys have done. I am waiting."

"No, mom." I looked at her with questionable eyes, as I did not know what to do with her being the person she was. I was happy that she was not the type to tell everyone, but she was the type to ask me too personal questions.

I avoided Qian Xi's eyes when I saw him with the others near the sofa. I walked toward them, but I avoided his and Yuan's eyes. I felt too guilty over what I had done, and I just could not do anything about it. It was like I made the wrong decision in committing this, but at the same time, I enjoyed it.

"Let's eat!" My dad came into the room and lightened up the mood with his sudden call of food. I was thankful for his call so sudden; he saved me from the embarrassing talk and questions with his call. Thank you; I mentally bowed.