Chapter 27

King

"Aye bro, you straight?" I asked Vinchi as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah I'm cool. I'm just sore as fuck and still weak." He said, walking to the refrigerator. "You heard from Amara?"

"Nah, she left out early to get some fresh air." I said, sitting on a stool that was in the kitchen. "Surprised you ain't heard from her."

"What you mean?"

"Nigga you know what I'm talking about." I said, stale facing him.

"No I don't." He said in a duh tone as he drunk some of his orange juice.

"Nigga I've been ya best friend since second grade. I know everything about you."

"Jahking what is yo ass talking about?" He said, calling my government name out.

"Well if you must know Abraham," I smirked when he cut his eyes at me. He hates his government name. "I'm talking about the fact that you like Amara."

"I like Amara? Nigga." He waved me off, walking into the living room.

"Nigga you can't even deny that shit." I got up, following him.

"Boy you on yo bullshit early in the morning." He said, chuckling as he sat on the couch.

"Look me in my face and tell me youn like Amara just a little bit." I said, sitting in front of him with my lips turned up.

We stared at each other until he started laughing which gave me all I needed.

"See, I be knowing shit." I said, nodding my head.

"Nah you just nosy as fuck." He said, shaking his head. "But ehh, she cool or whatever."

"Damn, you like that toxic shit cause all she do is yell at ya ass." I said, chuckling.

"Man, fuck outta here. Acting like you and Nia don't be arguing."

"Shit, her ass mad at me now. And, yeah, we argue but y'all argue like a married couple, over pointless shit." I said, shaking my head. "But shiiiid, when's the wedding?"

"Ain't no wedding, dumbass."

"Well you better do something, her ass ain't gonna stay single forever."

"Nigga we talking about Amara." He staled faced me. "Her mean ass ain't never gonna let a nigga in."

"You talking about you or any nigga in general?"

"Both?" He said, shrugging.

"Youn know that. She might act like that to cover her true feelings." I said, shrugging.

"Nah, you can tell Amara grew up like that. Mean as hell."

"Nigga, you just a pussy."

"Pussy? Nigga if it wasn't for me, you and Nia wouldn't even be together." Vinchi said, raising his eyebrows.

"Wowwww, you walk up to Nia and told her a nigga tryna fuck with her, good for you." I said, squinting my eyes at him.

"So if anybody pussy, it's yo bitch ass." He said, standing up.

I got up after him, chasing his ass around the house.
~
Amara

"Hey Amara." Nia said as she walked up to me. I hugged her before letting her in the car.

I took Vinchi's car to go get Nia to talk. He doesn't know that yet tho.

"Ight, I know lately I haven't been talking to you a lot. I just want to say that it's nothing against you, I just needed some space from a lot of things." I said, shrugging.