Chapter 43

Amara

I woke up, shielding my face as the sun shined in my eyes. I looked to the side, seeing my crown sitting on the counter beside me.

Pain shot through my back as I sat up, making me wince and lay back down. I grabbed my phone that started ringing, not even looking at the caller ID before answering it.

"Hello?" I yawned into the phone.

"Where the fuck you at?!" My eyes widened at my brother's angry voice.

"H- huh?"

"Huh? Where the fuck you at, Amara? I've been calling ya phone since 9!" I looked at the clock, seeing that it was now 3 in the afternoon.

"My bad, I'm with Nia." I lied, rubbing the back of my neck. I heard Vinchi chuckle, making me hit him in his stomach.

"So if I text Nia's ass right now, she gonna say you with her?" I nodded my head as if he could see me.

"Yes."

"Ight, stay on this fucking phone, I'm finna make a groupchat."

"Okay."

My phone dinged as I put him on speaker, looking at the text message.

Malik🦍💕 & Best🤞🏾🤍

Malik🦍💕: Nia?

"Amara, yo ass better still be on this phone."

I smacked my teeth. "I am, Malik."

Best🤞🏾🤍: wassup?

Malik🦍💕: is Amara with you?

I nervously bit my lip, waiting on Nia to respond.

Best🤞🏾🤍: yeah, she was sleep when I went to go see if she was alright since she hadn't woke up yet. Why?

Malik🦍💕: nothing, just trying to make sure Amara ass wasn't lying to me.

Best🤞🏾🤍: don't ever call my bestfriend a liar.

Malik🦍💕: yeah yeah, bye.

"Lucky as hell. Why the hell you just now waking up?"

"If you haven't noticed, I was drunk and high last night. I was knocked the fuck out and finna go right back to sleep when we get off the phone."

"Mhmm. Bye, call me when you on your way home."

"Ight." I hung up the phone, letting out a sigh of relief.

I looked up to see Vinchi getting his shower ready. I already took my shower last night, plus I was hurting like a motherfucker.

"I oughta kill you." I said, glaring at him before he could grab his clothes. I guess he swung by his house and grabbed some of his stuff.

"What I do?"

"I can't fucking move."

"I told you to chill out." He chuckled as I tilted my head at him.

"You damn asshole. Pass me one of your shirts." I said, reaching for one. He passed it to me as I put it on.

"Here." He said, reaching over, handing me this big ass gift bag. "I was gonna give it to you last night but, yeah. Just, here."

I chuckled as I grabbed it, thanking him. It was a whole lot of Bath and Body Works, Victoria Secret and jewelry. He got me so many different Cuban Links and diamonds. The one that caught my eye was the necklace that said "Amara" with a crown over it.